Whats a Good offroad Vehicle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I am clearing some land to build a Track for bashing maybe some racing, but more so just bashing. The Track will be in the woods and will have some trees. I'm looking for a Good Truck for this type Track. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks

I am clearing some land to build a Track for bashing maybe some racing, but more so just bashing. The Track will be in the woods and will have some trees. I'm looking for a Good Truck for this type Track. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks
There are a lot of variables there, so that is kind of a hard question to answer. Are you looking for 2WD or 4WD? Monster truck, buggy, truggy, short course truck, crawler, rock racer, desert racer or a combination of the above? Brushed or brushless? Are you a newer or experienced RC'er? The answers to those questions could make a huge difference in recommendations.

There are a lot of variables there, so that is kind of a hard question to answer. Are you looking for 2WD or 4WD? Monster truck, buggy, truggy, short course truck, crawler, rock racer, desert racer or a combination of the above? Brushed or brushless? Are you a newer or experienced RC'er? The answers to those questions could make a huge difference in recommendations.
Oh my bad, I'm wanting 4wd and something along the truck line possibly. I have an hpi monster truck already so not wanting another MT. I'm pretty experienced as I've been into RC for awhile. I do like speed but also something good for a track with somewhat rough terrain.

Oh my bad, I'm wanting 4wd and something along the truck line possibly. I have an hpi monster truck already so not wanting another MT. I'm pretty experienced as I've been into RC for awhile. I do like speed but also something good for a track with somewhat rough terrain.
You can't go wrong with a short course truck or truggy. Short course does have a lower ground clearance, but that can be remedied with MT wheels and tires. Are you looking for 1/10TH? 1/8TH? 1/5TH? The best recommendation i have there would be either the Arrma Senton Mega or the Arrma Senton BLX. The BLX is pretty quick out of the box, and fairly durable. They also make a 6S version. Another one would be the DHK Hobby Hunter, but they can only be gotten in the states through eBay used, or new from RC Hobby Explosion online. Parts are also only available from RC Hobby Explosion. Traxxas is another option, but, all i ever hear about them is how they need constant repairs and upgrades, which gets pricey (i personally have never owned a Traxxas). I have Arrma, DHK, Losi, and Team Associated, and i would recommend any of them for bashing. Both my Losi and my Team Associated are 2WD though. Of all the ones i have, for 4WD, i only go with DHK or Arrma. They are both extremely durable, and, even though DHK parts are only available online, both have really good parts support. One thing i like about DHK VS. Arrma is that DHK has steel CVD's stock, and Arrma are plastic axles. I personally buy my vehicles to hammer on, and of all the vehicles i have, my DHK stuff has held up the best (i have 2 Hunters, a Wolf 2 Buggy, a Raz-R truggy (NOT the Raz-R 2, but the original Raz-R, which as far as i know, is discontinued), and a Crosse MT). All my DHK stuff is set up for 3S, except the Wolf 2, and, so far, no matter how hard i beat on it, i have had only two breakages in 3 years. I rarely run the Wolf 2, but i run my Hunter's in almost every condition you can think of, from sun to rain to snow and ice. I bought them used on eBay, and just built them how i wanted them, and, so far, i have less than $300 in the pair.

You can't go wrong with a short course truck or truggy. Short course does have a lower ground clearance, but that can be remedied with MT wheels and tires. Are you looking for 1/10TH? 1/8TH? 1/5TH? The best recommendation i have there would be either the Arrma Senton Mega or the Arrma Senton BLX. The BLX is pretty quick out of the box, and fairly durable. They also make a 6S version. Another one would be the DHK Hobby Hunter, but they can only be gotten in the states through eBay used, or new from RC Hobby Explosion online. Parts are also only available from RC Hobby Explosion. Traxxas is another option, but, all i ever hear about them is how they need constant repairs and upgrades, which gets pricey (i personally have never owned a Traxxas). I have Arrma, DHK, Losi, and Team Associated, and i would recommend any of them for bashing. Both my Losi and my Team Associated are 2WD though. Of all the ones i have, for 4WD, i only go with DHK or Arrma. They are both extremely durable, and, even though DHK parts are only available online, both have really good parts support. One thing i like about DHK VS. Arrma is that DHK has steel CVD's stock, and Arrma are plastic axles. I personally buy my vehicles to hammer on, and of all the vehicles i have, my DHK stuff has held up the best (i have 2 Hunters, a Wolf 2 Buggy, a Raz-R truggy (NOT the Raz-R 2, but the original Raz-R, which as far as i know, is discontinued), and a Crosse MT). All my DHK stuff is set up for 3S, except the Wolf 2, and, so far, no matter how hard i beat on it, i have had only two breakages in 3 years. I rarely run the Wolf 2, but i run my Hunter's in almost every condition you can think of, from sun to rain to snow and ice. I bought them used on eBay, and just built them how i wanted them, and, so far, i have less than $300 in the pair.
I'm wanting 1/10 or 1/8 Why is DHK only sold from RC explosion?

I'm wanting 1/10 or 1/8 Why is DHK only sold from RC explosion?
I dont think they were actually intended for the USA market. They arent very well known here yet. They seem to have a decent following in Australia though. As for how RC Hobby Explosion came to be a dealer for them, I'm not really sure. I think it has to do with how he started. He originally wasn't an RC dealer, and, as far as i know, doesn't actually have a shop, just a warehouse. His site doesn't list an actual address, just a P.O. box., but, he also carries several other overseas brands, as well as Traxxas, so he has to be at least established somewhat.

LOL... How's it going Bsud?
Just like I mentioned in the other forum, the Losi Rock Rey and Baja Rey. ?

I'm actually thinking seriously about the Losi DB pro

Back