What's a good motor for my 1/5 baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivingLife77

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the engine in my latest build. Obr ddm. Who has tried what and what's the best.

Id like to know the answer to this myself. I see all kinds of upgrade motors out there all the way up to 71CC but I have no idea which of them are better than the other.

I know zenoah and fulie were the top names 2007ish. They were even on tower hobbies printed advertisements. I always wanted but never purchased a baja.

DDM has some Zenoah engines available. The Fuelies are almost non existant it seems, a lot like most HPI products these days. Hard to even find the 5B itself anymore without going to one of the clone manufacturers. The only 2 Fuelies that really even seem to come up are the RTR 23CC one and the SS kit 26CC engine. I see talk on the internet about a 30CC Fuelie but can't find one for sale. HERE is a link to the 26CC Fuelie but for the price Id rather go with the 34CC Zenoah if I were in your shoes.

I can find other engines all the way up to 71CC but theyre mostly Rovan/Rofun/King brand engines which supposedly, from what I've read anyway, not as good of quality as the original Fuelies. There are others that I have found like this dual cylinder 60CC engine from Starlingkit.com but I know nothing of the engine or the website and its really expensive.

Last edited:
I have a box full of parts to build another Baja and I'm going with a Zenoah. I couldn't tell you what is the best but the reviews are positive.

Back