Whats a good basher buggy ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITRO 21

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking into buying a buggy and wanted to know what would be the best buggy for bashing only

The Ofna PCR, or PBS are good I have 2 PBS's and beat the hell out of them, my buddy zandor has the PCR and he does the same with his. All comes down to how much you want to spend.

Last edited:
I gotta agree with Ryhton on this one i've seen this first hand check out the video archives of him doing some pretty sick chit to his buggy those PBS Buggies can handle the worst of any basher!

from everything I've read, the XTM X-Terminator is also a good bashing buggy. just wanted to throw another option into the mix.

i have an x-terminator deluxe...i have beat the crap out of it, and everything's still working good. allz i gots to say is i'm impressed.

go with the hyper pcr or the pbs you can't go wrong..both are great bashers.
i have the pcr. i can race and bash the piss out of it.and it never lets me down..

I too, have an X-Terminator, and already on the first day I've beat the piss out of it. I was testing the handeling trying to turn into my drive way as fast as I could and the tires lost grip and it flew into a rock very fast. Damage: a scratch on the bumper. Very powerful engine aswell. Great price too. The list goes on...

Buy the Hyper PCR!!....It'll be the best buggy u'll ever get...nothing breaks, just lock tight the nuts and bolts and u'll be set for life almost haha...The part support is great, u will never break any, but if u do need some, ofna will always carry the part u need..unlike some buggy brands that stop making them.....good luck..and u'll be very happy!

Bri.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the Hyper PBS RTR that comes with the starter box and it looks like pretty good what are the main differances with the PBS and the PCR.

The pbs and pcr are good bashing buggies. But if you want to spend less then that and get just about the same quality go for the hb lightning pro. I have the lightning rr rtr and i have beat it up and only have broke the wing and cracked the body and i know that the pro is even more reilible then the rr.....Nick

the only difference between the pcr and the pbs is that the pcr has lay-down servo's, which most people don't have any use for.

I really like the PBS but i'm having a hard time finding any hobby shops in San Diego that carry it does anyone know of any shops in San Diego that have them

I heard that the internet delivers to San Diego.

cbreaker said:
I heard that the internet delivers to San Diego.

yeah but you can't fault him for trying to support a local shop. and find a local source for parts. of course without the internet, id have been raped locally numerous times.

It also doesn't help that i dont have a credit card yet, the store that I live closest to has the XTM x-terminator would this be a good second choice.

if you live in san diego getting parts shouldn't be a problem. all on convoy street there's hobby people with tons of xtm parts, hobby warehouse, and bit farther down the road there's diamond hobbies. sd kicks ass for lhs's :cool:

Wish I had one good hobby shop. I'm driving an hour and a half or so one way just to get fuel. Got one place right in town. $32 a gallon. Nice country drive it's $22 a gallon. Don't guess I'm saving any money by the time I put gas in the Bronco, but it's the principle. Most of my stuff comes from the internet.

By the way, I have the X-term. I love it!!! Plenty of power. One hell of a tough car. Parts are pretty cheap. Hobby People are great. And the guys on the Hobby People forum are very helpful.

I don't have a credit card either right now (Was unemployed for a year and a half a little while ago, so they had to go) but I got an ATM card from my bank with a Mastercard logo. I can use it anywhere Mastercards are used, and it pulls directly from my checking account. There's no fee for using it either; it's pretty great for making online purchases. I highly recommend getting one of these if you have no plastic; I think any banks should offer this these days.

Just a suggestion. And I was just bustin' anyways =)

I also have a ATM card it has a visa logo on it maybe i will try using that in the future, I called a lot of stores around San Diego and couldn't find any ofna buggies but did find the GS Storm RTR and decided to go with it over the X-terminator it may not be as good a basher but if i ever did decide to race i was told it was almost race ready.

I have an Ofna buggy for sale on EBAY. Take a look in the Auctions section. Now this quote you say..

NITRO 21 said:
couldn't find any ofna buggies but did find the GS Storm RTR and decided to go with it over the X-terminator it may not be as good a basher but if i ever did decide to race i was told it was almost race ready.

What are you talking about? I have read in this forum that the Storm RTR is a kick ass kit. Ask Wasteland and El Pirata. Granted it is not an of the K series buggies or the MBX4 or 5 or even the Hyper 7 series ( I have the PCR PRO) but the Storm seems to be a strong player in the 1/8 buggy field!!!

Back