Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DFD418A4-3B0B-47CA-89C4-B128D5182C13.jpeg

Gator bites to start

I had a gator dinner at a place here that looked just like that. Of course, here in Indiana, it was likely previously frozen. It was really good, but a bit chewy and tough. I'd love to try some fresh.

Dinner tonight will be Birria tacos. Never made them before, and I only have Monterey Jack, white American, and Mozerella instead of the usual Oaxaca cheese, but I am hoping they turn out good.

Last edited:
I had a gator dinner at a place here that looked just like that. Of course, here in Indiana, it was likely previously frozen. It was really good, but a bit chewy and tough. I'd love to try some fresh.
Gators are all solid muscle, I'm betting even fresh ones are tough. Squirrel meat is super tough, just because they are so active. Nothing a pressure cooker or long crockpot cooking won't tenderize.

Last edited:
Gators are all solid muscle, I'm betting even fresh ones are tough. Squirrel meat is super tough, just because they are so active. Nothing a pressure cooker or long crackpot cooking won't tenderize.
I've eaten a lot of squirrel and rabbit. Both are fairly tough, but mom always did a good job frying it so it was tender.

I've eaten a lot of squirrel and rabbit. Both are fairly tough, but mom always did a good job frying it so it was tender.
I've never had tough rabbit meat. I would cook them up just as I would domestic chicken.
Never had squirrel that was tender by short cooking methods. Always had to use pressure cooker, and many hunters cook in crockpot for a minimum of 3hr.
I don't hunt squirrels or rabbits, but I do control their numbers around my property. Rabbits are destructive to my plants and squirrels can be very destructive to homes. I do eat rabbits and squirrels I dispatch. Other pests are left for the night time predators.
0126201342.jpg
2wqalqt.jpg

I've never had tough rabbit meat. I would cook them up just as I would domestic chicken.
Never had squirrel that was tender by short cooking methods. Always had to use pressure cooker, and many hunters cook in crockpot for a minimum of 3hr.
I don't hunt squirrels or rabbits, but I do control their numbers around my property. Rabbits are destructive to my plants and squirrels can be very destructive to homes. I do eat rabbits and squirrels I dispatch. Other pests are left for the night time predators. View attachment 187344View attachment 187345
Well, it's been 35 years since I've had either. I remember I liked both. Mom pan fried everything back then. Especially game meat. My dad also raised rabbits for a bit. I grew attached to them. It was a bit traumatic to come home and see him skinning them.

Last edited:

Dinner tonight will be Birria tacos. Never made them before, and I only have Monterey Jack, white American, and Mozerella instead of the usual Oaxaca cheese, but I am hoping they turn out good.

Some pieces can be a little chewy, but they are so good!

Back