Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tillamook is excellent ice cream and cheese for that matter.
The factory is only about 7 hours from us and the last time we went to the Oregon coast, we toured the factory.
Very impressive and the fresh squeaky cheese was unbelievable.
Back in 2000, I did a 3mo work assignment in Tillamook. Not much to do there but fish or play in the sand dunes. The rainbow/steelhead fishing is fabulous!
I was lodged at the Shiloh Inn, and it abutted a stream that I took plenty of rainbows from, nearly daily. I come to discover that small all black Rooster Tails were the lure of choice. My room has a kitchenette and the inn has a fish cleaning station outside in the back. Great setup for fishermen! I had fresh pan fried rainbows a couple of times a week.
It is also here that I caught my only steelhead ever, and what an epic catch it was. I landed a +2 footer on 4lb test mono! This was actually my second hook-up on about the same size steely. The first one broke the line on a last effort jump about 5ft from me on shore. The 2nd one did the exact same thing and snapped the line only a few feet from me. However, it was so exhausted from the fight that it didn't have the energy to swim away. I stepped into the water and grabbed it by the tail and landed it!
A couple of people out fishing came running over to see my catch. I had a camera in my pocket and asked them to take a couple of pics. I told them that I was staying at the Shiloh and can't keep a fish this size. I offered them the steely and they happily accepted.
Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did with the 2 photos 😔

Tillamook has ruined almost every other ice cream for me. I love their Ice cream! 😍
As much as I love the vanilla and Oregon cherry flavors, I'm just not a fan of the other flavors.
If you get a chance to try Hudsonville, do it! Just as rich and dense as Tillamook. The brownie batter is phenomenal!

As much as I love the vanilla and Oregon cherry flavors, I'm just not a fan of the other flavors.
If you get a chance to try Hudsonville, do it! Just as rich and dense as Tillamook. The brownie batter is phenomenal!
I live in Oregon and every time we go to the coast we go to Tillamook and get it right from the source ;)

Special K (red berries) for breakfast.
Normal home school lunch, but at home (PB J sammich, grapes, pretzel sticks, cookies)
Dinner: Burgers on the grill.
Been sick because of the weather since Saturday night.
Last week averaging about 60 degrees. This week is back up to 80 degrees.
Well, last weekend and today because of being sick I binge watching my show. (Initial D, already on the 4th stage already)

Last edited:
Normal home school lunch, but at home (PB J sammich, grapes, pretzel sticks, cookies)
Well, last weekend and today because of being sick I binge watching my show.

Sorry about the cold man but enjoy the binge watching. ;)

Sorry about the cold man but enjoy the binge watching. ;)
Its Maryland. Weather can be anything. But don't expect snow since we haven't really had snow since like 2017.
I do like the snow. But don't like the cold. But I do like some hot chocolate

Well, last weekend and today because of being sick I binge watching my show.
Hope you have a speedy recovery, David!

More pork tacos.
20231002_191654_resized.jpg

Today is my blood work for my hemochromatosis so that makes it officially a cheat with a cheeseburger day.
On a good note, I expect my Ferritin "iron" to be down in the normal range, I haven't had very much iron at all and
if that's so then the vampires can't get groceries for another 3 months.
It really sucks when I have to give blood because mine is so thick, it feels like they are using a drinking straw in my arm.

thumbs up.png

Last edited:
Today is my blood work for my hemochromatosis so that makes it officially a cheat with a cheeseburger day.
On a good note, I expect my Ferritin "iron" to be down in the normal range, I haven't had very much iron at all and
if that's so then the vampires can't get groceries for another 3 months.
It really sucks when I have to give blood because mine is so thick, it feels like they are using a drinking straw in my arm.

View attachment 172560
Enjoy that Cheeseburger!!! :thumbs-up:

Back