Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did yard work with my girl at her parent's place today. I hate yard work, HATE it. But, I love her, so. For dinner, my future MIL made us oven roasted turkey, home made stuffing, green beans, mixed berry cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

SMfeUyw.jpg

dM0Id0V.jpg

I've been nowhere else really today. This was my mileage covering about an acre of land today. We did a LOT.

QzoRMxf.jpg

Yep, looks like you earned that meal! Good on ya though. I remember going to the inlaws before we were married to do yardwork for the very same reason, the future Mrs. Doom, the meal was a bonus though. :)

Did yard work with my girl at her parent's place today. I hate yard work, HATE it. But, I love her, so. For dinner, my future MIL made us oven roasted turkey, home made stuffing, green beans, mixed berry cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

SMfeUyw.jpg

dM0Id0V.jpg

I've been nowhere else really today. This was my mileage covering about an acre of land today. We did a LOT.

QzoRMxf.jpg
I actually enjoy yard work, but only at my home. I do help out a bit at my MIL since she became a widow 7 years ago. She has a yard person, but she'll call me when there are small/odd jobs he doesn't really do.
My son will be getting his driver's license next month, and I intend to get him a lot more involved with helping out his grandmother, who lives 25min away.

BTW that cobbler looks fantastic!

Grilled up salmon for the wife and myself this evening. I was planning to cook it on a cedar plank, but the plank went up in flames. I must have had the flame up too high. Anyways, sprayed down the grate with non-stick spray, and cooked the filets right on the grate. Came out perfect!
20230416_184309.jpg

Yep, I'm very lucky to have good future in-laws for sure.

Today, post church brunch consisted of fresh (as in we know the chicken) southwest scrambled eggs with fresh grated cheddar, Matteo's salsa, some spicy guac, and salamis.

YBHXCIC.jpg

Followed by our 5k (we walked ) for the virtual Hapalua marathon, then home for homemade Franks Red Hot buffalo chicken salad for dinner.

GFOaojZ.jpg

Yep, I'm very lucky to have good future in-laws for sure.

Today, post church brunch consisted of fresh (as in we know the chicken) southwest scrambled eggs with fresh grated cheddar, Matteo's salsa, some spicy guac, and salamis.

YBHXCIC.jpg

Followed by our 5k (we walked ) for the virtual Hapalua marathon, then home for homemade Franks Red Hot buffalo chicken salad for dinner.

GFOaojZ.jpg
We used to have chickens when I was a kid. There's nothing as good as fresh eggs. I have tried all the free range, organic, white, brown, etc eggs and none of them come close to eggs like we had.

We used to have chickens when I was a kid. There's nothing as good as fresh eggs. I have tried all the free range, organic, white, brown, etc eggs and none of them come close to eggs like we had.
Agreed. Literally everything; color, texture, and flavor are all different from store-bought.

Agreed. Literally everything; color, texture, and flavor are all different from store-bought.
Yeah, they have that deep yellow-orange color. And super rich flavor. I miss having them a lot. French toast just hasn't been the same 😜

I know a lady who gave us fresh eggs. They went into a batch of carrot cake. Pretty damn good too.
There's chickens in Florida? I thought the Pythons would have wiped them all out years ago 😜

Speaking of Pythons and Florida, I got a message from Dusty Krum on messenger the end of last year saying he was coming back to TV in January. I had originally messaged him about his accident, and he said he's all healed up. But I have yet to see anything on the tube. Kinda bummed as I really liked that Guardians of the Glades show. Made me want to try eating Python 😋

There's chickens in Florida? I thought the Pythons would have wiped them all out years ago 😜

Speaking of Pythons and Florida, I got a message from Dusty Krum on messenger the end of last year saying he was coming back to TV in January. I had originally messaged him about his accident, and he said he's all healed up. But I have yet to see anything on the tube. Kinda bummed as I really liked that Guardians of the Glades show. Made me want to try eating Python 😋
Pythons are south of here. Besides we got cats patrolling. And if I ever get a call, I can make things go bang. Boom sounds cooler but people overreact to that single word. 😆

You can eat all the pythons you want. 😃

There's chickens in Florida?
What Southerners call chickens, is known to us Northerners as gators. It is a bit confusing with birds and reptiles being related and all 🤪
The only thing I don't like about ultra fresh eggs are that they don't do well peeling when hard boiled.

The only thing I don't like about ultra fresh eggs are that they don't do well peeling when hard boiled.
I actually have never noticed that. My mom made deviled eggs all the time, because we had sooo many eggs every day, and I always helped her peel them. The shells usually came off in a couple big pieces. Probably depends on what the chickens ate. Ours lived off of bugs, crickets, earthworms, and other chicken parts (voracious cannibals those chickens were 😲).

I actually have never noticed that. My mom made deviled eggs all the time, because we had sooo many eggs every day, and I always helped her peel them. The shells usually came off in a couple big pieces. Probably depends on what the chickens ate. Ours lived off of bugs, crickets, earthworms, other chicken parts (voracious cannibals those chickens were 😲).
Hmm every time I'm ever given fresh eggs and boil them, I would lose a large percentage of the whites because it would stick to the inside of the shell. It's like the membrane between the white and shell, are bonded together or something.

Speaking of misnomer about animal diets. I recently came across a couple of YT video of deer eating live birds. Also, years ago on a tv animal documentary, they studied a particular gray tree squirrel that had a penchant to raid the nests of other squirrels to steal and eats its newborns.
Screenshot_20230417_113049.jpg

Hmm every time I'm ever given fresh eggs and boil them, I would lose a large percentage of the whites because it would stick to the inside of the shell. It's like the membrane between the white and shell, are bonded together or something.

Speaking of misnomer about animal diets. I recently came across a couple of YT video of deer eating live birds. Also, years ago on a tv animal documentary, they studied a particular gray tree squirrel that had a penchant to raid the nests of other squirrels to steal and eats its newborns.
View attachment 163870
It was kinda freaky. We would feed the chickens all kinds of stuff they loved. But when my dad butchered a few roosters, he tossed the parts out there. It actually looked like the chickens were going to kill each other to eat their old friends 😜

Last edited:
Back