What would you pay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TizzleT

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have someone trying to sell me 4 rc vehicles and a boat. I was wondering how much would you pay for these. I am new to the RC world and I can't tell if these are 4x4/vxl edition etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Screenshot_20200726-145136_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-145158_Gallery.jpg

used rc isnt worth half of what it cost nib. looks like they are all brushed with nimh batteries.hope the id charger in in the pedde box way under 200 usd.

The pedde is basically new. Everything included in it.

$200 for all in the picture. He is asking $750 for everything.

is there a warranty with that pede?. no so it is used.no basically in there..its you cash.I drove 3.5 hours for a chicken dinner w mashed .dressing biscuits n gray...

I wouldn’t give that much?.
I just ? my self. Nah I’d may be go about 400 and that’s being kind.
Personally I’d leave the lot, unless you know the history used RC is mostly others junk.
And in RC it is not One mans Muck is another mans Brass. NO.
One mans muck is another’s Nightmare.
Use the money buy something Nice and New

Wow, some of you guys like to steal. The Mutant edition of the Stampede is $400+ new. If the Monster short course truck is a slash it's also extra$$ new.
Used doesn't necessarily mean abused junk. If buying used you need to KNOW what to look for and check them over. Low-balling when you don't know just pisses sellers off.
Here's how I see it based on condition as they appear to be and guessing on decent brands.

Boat - $75 tops if good brand - can't tell what it is
New Stampede - $175
Ratted looking Stampede - $75
Short Course truck - $150 if Slash or better
On Road car - $125 It appears to be an HPI E10 Drift car

That's $600 total, and if the clean ones are in great shape it's very reasonable and way under new prices.

I appreciate everyone's input and opinion.

This is the boat:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083WP8B54/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_immgFbJKT0KJK

On road car is an HPI E10 Drift. The New Stampede is just that. Yes no warranty but not driven hardly at all. The ratted stampede I would use as parts for the newer stampede.

The short course is a Slash.

Also with the seller he works within my company - Technically he reports to me but he is out of state. With that said I am sure he wouldn't be selling me pure garbage.

Last edited:
I am attaching updated pictures without the bodies on them.

How much would you assume on the Old Stampede and Slash is dirt vs Rust?

Is the Slash a 4x4 or 2x4? Does everything have a brushed motor?

@Racer 1966 - Would you still think $600 with taking into consideration the new photos?

He is selling the boat and 4 vehicles for $80 each, then also along with all the Receivers, batteries chargers etc.

Attachments

• ALL RC STUFF.jpg
    ALL RC STUFF.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 61
  • E10 Drift.jpg
    E10 Drift.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 61
  • New Stampede.jpg
    New Stampede.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 63
  • New Stampede2.jpg
    New Stampede2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Ratted Stampede.jpg
    Ratted Stampede.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 69
  • slash.jpg
    slash.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 54
Its all brushed from whats in pics.. its your money might be worth it might not..

All but the road car Are brushed cars, can’t quite telll on the road car....
Most likely selling because Nimh batteries suck, so if ya run lipo it’s more $$, and then your entry level electronics should be upgraded. Starting at abou t “50-80” per car...to truly support lipos...
I’d buy a nice used brushless car on the market and you’ll end up with lipos and charger too most likely. :) good luck. Only buy those cars if your supporting a few kids between the age of 5-11, they’ll not complain with brushless. Max is about 11-15mph run time usually sucks on nimh too (20 min)

I'd snag them for 80 each but then again I have a bunch of nieces and nephews that love mine so for me it would be worth it. I have a couple 16th scale and an ecx torment all brushed but the majority are brushless on mine. I've gotten good deals on used brushless trucks rtr just keep your eyes open

The boat is the only one that may be brushless as the description says it uses a LiPo battery that was included when purchased. From your new pics, most of what I see is dirt.

Ultimately "worth" is what you are willing to give and they are willing to take. It may not be a"too good to pass up" bargain but I still say $600 would be reasonable if you're in the market and wanting several rc vehicles.

That is irrelevant though if he will sell for $80 each. That's only $400. I would do it. Not sure if you can get any replacement parts for the boat, but the others are easily worth that to me.

Back