what turn motor too race 1/10th buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan_454

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
as teh title says... I'm about to acquire a 1/10th scale buggy. rx10b4 to be exact. and it is my first electric... I am wondering what would be a good all around motor for racing... there are 4 tracks within driving distance for me ranging from tight and technical too wide open 1/8 scale type tracks... just wondering what would be a godo motor for this? thank you.

You should start racing in the stock class.It is alot easier to control than modified. You can use any 27 turn motor in that class. You should go to the track you are going to race at and see wich motor the fast guys run.

If they have a stock class go with the trinity monster ask around for the pinion settings also so you will be at the same speed level

stock 2 learn the car and get susp and driving setups down. then move onto the mod class...b/c there's more of a choice that u'll know what u want b/c of all of the time w/the stocker. u'll know where u'll want more.

1 reason 2 get outta stock when u do is b/c of all of the cheatin that goes on. not as bad as a handout race or a class w/1 type of motor b'g used...still its rough.

now since i got back into this (well only doin gas), i see this brushless stuff is now a reality 4 the public, not just a topic in a mag article 4 a high spd run. u must consider this when goin 2 mod. as it'll b ur likely choice. from an old timer's point of view, there's just somethin about a 13-Triple that get the juices flowing lol.

-Ult

Back