What truggy should I build?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Zautner

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious to know everyone's opinion on what truggy I should build? It's going to be all for bashing and back yard fun. I have 5 new lRP .32s and .30s that have been collecting dust for the past 4 or 5 years. Some were modified by RCR. All have back plates. So I will be using a bump box. Thank you!

NT48 from Tekno, I think that's what it's called. I'm a electric guy so don't know nitro models.
Maybe sworkz Xray or Mugen. Those and Tekno are high end race kits tho. Maybe something like a tmaxx or revo if you want a off-road basher monster truck.

NT48 from Tekno, I think that's what it's called. I'm a electric guy so don't know nitro models.
Maybe sworkz Xray or Mugen. Those and Tekno are high end race kits tho. Maybe something like a tmaxx or revo if you want a off-road basher monster truck.
I have the revo with a ckeith-nitro engine mount and ran a roto start on a novarossi 28-8. Upgraded drive train steel transmission, THS Axials, buku clutch, but I have those lrps with backplates. I do have a bump box for the car too. But with the traxxas big block mount you can't use a 1/8th scale clutch bell. I can machine the mount and shift it back further and put a spacer in the front. Knotch the frame too. But I think I want to go with a race truggy kit instead.

Something Tekno.
Okay I went ahead and purchased a tekno nt48 2.0! Thank you