what truck should i get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont really do a lot of "hard bashing", mostly just fooling around outside my house with my kid brother. the highest jump is probably 6 feet, max. is there a different truck that you think would suit me well?
For backyard bashing I would look at the Arrma 4s or 3s rigs in all honesty, the 6s rigs are a bit big for a backyard. I would have to look for the fix again but the leaky shocks are a cheap and easy fix and you might look in to getting a different radio.

@Slick2500 is right. I forget to get a clear picture of what others intend to do with trucks and always put them in my shoes. If your just running around in a typical sized yard (less than 1/4 of a football field, American), a smaller 3S-4S truck will likely do what you want. Unless the grass is typically tall, then they will work really hard.

But, if you think you will end up at larger areas, you can always run 4S at home and 6S in larger areas where you can really open it up. When I run at my skate parks, 4S in my 6S trucks is plenty of speed/power to have a lot of fun. However, when I run at the park or at the big grass bmx track I run at, 4S is lacking and 6S really shines. Even a truck geared for 6S in big open fields will usually run well on 4S without a gear change and still be fast enough to run around a smaller area.

I never run 4S anymore in my big trucks. I just try to be mindful of where I am and run on 6S accordingly.

If your really not going to jump more than 6', any of the arrma 6S lineup would work fine with alloy chassis braces. The bending of the chassis usually only happens when your really up there and going fast/landing hard.

yes, i do have spaces to go WOT, even if for a few seconds. i build up speed, things like that. i want the truck to go at least 45 mph, or around there. i probably wont change gearing, because i dont want to sacrifice accleration or speed.

If you want to have fun in your yard but still be able to go hang with the big boys get a outcast 6s run 4 s to play 6s to show off

Good point thanks for pointing that out.

Back