What should I do? Get a roller or buy a redcat Monsoon Xtr?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see it ,nice buggy!

14838446709741373309794-jpg.18957

After you post that ,you can right click the mouse if you have one an select copy an
then go back to your post right click again an push paste!....:D
Oh wait, i can onl

Anybody still want to talk on this forum or should I create a new one?

So I am 13 but I have been working with these cars for 6 or 7 months. I own a 1/8 scale nitro buggy made by exceed, which I bought myself. But I had fun with it and now I'm looking for a 1/8 nitro truggy to play/bash with. I was thinking about going to buy a roller for an easy 290 bucks and buy a .21 go engine off line. Or I could buy a redcat Monsoon xtr that's 339 dollars, but a rtr kit. It's actually pretty nice and it's looks and all. The affordable price is not the only reason I wanted it! But with a roller I could build my on truggy and take it at the Bronx track or something.
You can give me tips and all because I'm fine with any of those! And also if I'm getting a roller, find me an engine that's not too pro that is a .21 and under 150. I found a nice new one for only 61 dollars.

-Mr. exceed Madfire
MADWARRIOR

Hi
I know I'm late to this forum, but here is my 2 cents.
Roller / kit cars are basically designed for racing, well in SA this is the case. It's basically a skeleton car. You will have to buy the nitro engine, servos x2 and the remote and ect.... This can all add up to be very expensive if your attention is only to bash around and go to the track a couple of times. The plus side to Roller / kit cars, you are buying a high quality product.

Before buying any car, make sure that you can find parts locally. there is nothing worse than spending money on a car to later find that you cannot find replacement parts. I learnt this the hard way.

Happy hunting

Back