What scale is the XMaxx? Who cares!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've seen a number of people asking about what scale the Traxxas X-Maxx is around the internet. My question is always... what does it matter?

If Traxxas says the truck is 1/3rd scale are you going to buy it but not if they say it's 1/16th scale?

The XMaxx is huge, it certainly looks promising and it being 1/3, 1/5/ or 1/10 scale has no bearing on if I will buy the truck or not.

I just don't get it.

1/3rd? I thought 1/5th was big- this is basically going to turn into a ride on lawnmower...

Id like to know just for curiosities sake but yeah doesn't really matter I suppose. To me it looks like its about 1/5 scale.

Id like to know just for curiosities sake but yeah doesn't really matter I suppose. To me it looks like its about 1/5 scale.
it'd be cool if you could use it as a ride on lawnmower, or as a go kart :p

Since I haven't seen a real one, yet, I'm only ASSUMING it's large scale. I'd really have to see it next to a Matchbox MT. :eek:

it'd be cool if you could use it as a ride on lawnmower, or as a go kart :p

My dad asked me about this, he came over, took a walkthrough my hobby room in the house looking for a shop vac, he glanced at the 5sc, and 5b sitting on the floor and says "can you buy them big enough to ride on?" I frowned 'n' said "why would you wanna ride in something that you don't have manual control over? they're potentially susceptible to signal loss". I think he just wanted a new toy, I told him to get an a.t.v, but he got an Argo.

My dad asked me about this, he came over, took a walkthrough my hobby room in the house looking for a shop vac, he glanced at the 5sc, and 5b sitting on the floor and says "can you buy them big enough to ride on?" I frowned 'n' said "why would you wanna ride in something that you don't have manual control over? they're potentially susceptible to signal loss". I think he just wanted a new toy, I told him to get an a.t.v, but he got an Argo.
I never knew you could split in half?

I thought it sounded like a 1/6 scale more in line with the Exo.

I was at HobbyTown USA today and they haven't gotten one in yet. They didn't even know about the self righting feature.

Um, you've lost me...
You said that you wouldn't want it to go out of range whilst you're sitting on it, how would the remote go out of range if you were right on top?
But now I read it again it makes no sense, so ignore it. :)

Back