What paint brand do you use/recommend ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawgNutts

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Was going to make a large purchase of paint and bodies to test out the new airbrush. Should I go with Spaz Stix, Faskolor or Createx ? Which one do you prefer and why.

I actually prefer Pactra Acryl over all other acrylic paints. Its shoots much better than parma or createx. Spaz Stix is great stuff too, but is laquer based.

Do the 2/3 oz bottles go far? Seems the other paints are sold in 2oz bottles, for the same price.

You want quality or quantity? You get much better coverage with the Pactra Acryl, it shoots much cleaner and smoother, bonds better and dries nicer. It's easier to remove masking when using Pactra over parma, with parma if you lay it on a little too thick you can pull up paint when lifting the masking, Pactra is a little more forgiving. Which brings up another tip, lay down several very light coats rather than a heavy one, the first coat should almost be a mist coat to seal around the edges of any masking, this will help prevent bleeds. So to me it's worth it.

where do i get it?i do alot of airbrushing @ work but it's on motorcycles.new to painting bodies i've been useing fastkolors.but it sprays funny...even with water in them.would windex thin out fastkolor?guess i'll try it too see.

Last edited:
guess i'm chop sueee?rolex...lol my revo run grt-8 2day could tell the cage slowed it down a bit.temps. stayed around 230.but it climbed better!!!

and yes it is bash proof now.

Last edited:
where do i get it?i do alot of airbrushing @ work but it's on motorcycles.new to painting bodies i've been useing fastkolors.but it sprays funny...even with water in them.would windex thin out fastkolor?guess i'll try it too see.

Check your local hobby shops. I buy mine on line. Yes, windex will work to thin out faskolor, but I still dont like the way it sprays, I only use faskolor if its a color I can't get in Pactra.