What nitro MT would you guys like to see????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregw1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys , what brand , size engine , tranny , etc... Would you guys like to see produced?
I personally would like to see a LOSI LST XXL with
  1. an lrp .30 or a nova legend 28-8 engine
  2. a 3 speed tnanny ( forward only )
  3. thicker engine brace
  4. bring back the aluminum threaded shocks
  5. 17 mm hexes on the wheels with similar tires
  6. LST 1 style body
  7. single high power metal gear steering servo

I REALLY like the reverse in my MT. Bashing is fun! Chasing my truck, not so much fun. ;) Other than that, everything you listed sounds pretty good.
My choice however, would be a revo with a little more than the stock suspension (real big bores) and a big block with the chassis and gearing to handle the extra abuse. :mad::thumbs-up:

The revo and the maxx are Def 2 different rigs. I just went with the revo and it really makes me happy with its performance.

Yeah, a revo with a big block, trans and diffs to support it and larger shocks would be nice. Just larger shocks with larger/beefier ball ends would be a nice improvement.

There were a few things on the LST platform that made me not care for it after a while. Their 2 speed mechanism sucked and the chassis was prone to snapping in half. Man, I hated replacing chassis rails every week. Also, with the big fat stock tires on it, it handled like a hog wallowing in sand. Combined with the awful steering servo saver setup... After fixing the chassis problem and replacing the wheels/tires with a 17mm set, the 2-speed and servo saves still annoyed me enough to give up on it.

I would like to see Traxxas do a re-release or anniversary edition of the first gen maxx. We're coming up on almost 20 years so we're definitely due for something soon. I'm talking the old wheelbase and width and pro .15, original bodies/paint schemes/decals etc. Would be so nostalgic for many enthusiast who started at that time.

Would also be cool to see a version of that truck with minor durability upgrades that made the truck prone to breaking so much. Like bulkheads and arms (same dimension just more durable)

I would like to see Traxxas do a re-release or anniversary edition of the first gen maxx. We're coming up on almost 20 years so we're definitely due for something soon. I'm talking the old wheelbase and width and pro .15, original bodies/paint schemes/decals etc. Would be so nostalgic for many enthusiast who started at that time.

Would also be cool to see a version of that truck with minor durability upgrades that made the truck prone to breaking so much. Like bulkheads and arms (same dimension just more durable)
Yeah, the bulkheads were bar far the weakest point on my t-maxx's back in the day. They really need to figure out a way to capture the front and rear of the hing pins an in alloy brace of some sort. Relying solely on plastic for that is just bad design. I busted soooooooooo many bulks... then ended up going with alloy ones to then have to deal with the pins bending/binding because there wasn't anything capturing the ends.

Whatever it is, I want it to come in KIT form. KITS KITS KITS! Everything coming out is the new "bashing as quickly as possible out of the box" thing instead of "we know putting these together is half the hobby" thing I fell in love with as a kid.

Yeah, a revo with a big block, trans and diffs to support it and larger shocks would be nice. Just larger shocks with larger/beefier ball ends would be a nice improvement.

There were a few things on the LST platform that made me not care for it after a while. Their 2 speed mechanism sucked and the chassis was prone to snapping in half. Man, I hated replacing chassis rails every week. Also, with the big fat stock tires on it, it handled like a hog wallowing in sand. Combined with the awful steering servo saver setup... After fixing the chassis problem and replacing the wheels/tires with a 17mm set, the 2-speed and servo saves still annoyed me enough to give up on it.
Not to quote myself... but now that the brushless revo 2.0 is out, they could invest in a big block version that uses the same drive line. Granted, nitro has kind of run it's course for the current decade and now brushless dominates.

Still would be great to see something like the traxxas stampede 4x4 with a 2 speed trans and nitro. Like a smaller/leaner/lighter t-maxx that the 2.5R can really be a good fit for.

Back