What is the correct way to install lower A-arms?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam_theman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Any ideas which way round these lower arms go. Tidying up this ode beast. Have cleaned out the fuel tanks with Jay's fluid. (Give it a try kinda guy me. #No funky business!) Also built up one from the bag of bits / rolling chassis, had to take the receiver out of this monster. £$€ how much and where can I source parts from. I'm uk but over seas deliveries welcome and exports of what I got no problem

20230626_160818.jpg

On the left side you can see the droop screw hole on the A-arm line up with the sticky-out-thingy on the chassis.

On the left side you can see the droop screw hole on the A-arm line up with the sticky-out-thingy on the chassis.
Flare? Not sure I'd go around saying that. 🤣

Left as looking at it or ? And which side is the correct fitment as looking at it please ?

chassis is upside down to start . m advice will be as it is sitting. Left A arm is correct, right A arm looks to be same as left, so its a Right A arm on wrong side if chassis is flipped correctly. the droop flanges should match droop screws.left does right does not

Thanks very much my friend!! most appreciated info, I shall correct them shortly
chassis is upside down to start . m advice will be as it is sitting. Left A arm is correct, right A arm looks to be same as left, so its a Right A arm on wrong side if chassis is flipped correctly. the droop flanges should match droop screws.left does right does not
Well I'm hoping it's not a design fault, had to show the car bottom up so folks could see the actual bottom arm difference, thoughirily grateful for the info though.

Any ideas where to get the pull starts from, please excuse my front just wanna get this puppy purlin
OK I get ya spin it over like toast in a toaster that don't cook even. Spin that bih

Last edited:
Thanks very much my friend!! most appreciated info, I shall correct them shortly

Well I'm hoping it's not a design fault, had to show the car bottom up so folks could see the actual bottom arm difference, thoughirily grateful for the info though.

Any ideas where to get the pull starts from, please excuse my front just wanna get this puppy purlin

Chassis is definitely right side up. The countersunk holes for the screws & milled-out areas for the engine mounts indicate this, as do the upturned edges along the sides.

This pull start should be pretty universal for big-block engines.

Thanks thought as much /chassis hence outside edges. It is an upside down view still. Trying to remove said piece in the pic any advice as the plastic holding the nut (I feel) has shredded. Long nose pliers onle have a sliver/ slither (like a glow plug washer) to grip. Any advice as always will help and be thoughirily appreciated. Spellings shyte my apologies

Thanks thought as much /chassis hence outside edges. It is an upside down view still. Trying to remove said piece in the pic any advice as the plastic holding the nut (I feel) has shredded. Long nose pliers onle have a sliver/ slither (like a glow plug washer) to grip. Any advice as always will help and be thoughirily appreciated. Spellings shyte my apologies

another pic of exactly what you're trying to do might be helpful

Hopefully these pics help. Literally just trying to correct that bottom arm. Have a hyper 7 so deconstructing this the best way I know how. (As per the hyper 7. Drop the front guard take out 4 bottom screws the whole front comes away) as I'm realising it ain't built like the 7. Appreciate your input though homey

20230626_223452.jpg

20230626_223430.jpg

20230626_223424.jpg

Hopefully these pics help. Literally just trying to correct that bottom arm. Have a hyper 7 so deconstructing this the best way I know how. (As per the hyper 7. Drop the front guard take out 4 bottom screws the whole front comes away) as I'm realising it ain't built like the 7. Appreciate your input though homey

View attachment 167978

View attachment 167979

View attachment 167980

Sounds like you may just have to keep carefully taking it apart, it's probably still held on by that radio tray assembly.

Yeah I've released the springs that are held down to the chassis forgive the non technical speak #newbie plus a lil lesson concreting on the lingo as one can probably tell. Wish I could circle thing and cross them out but I'd end up sledge hammering 🔨 my phone trying to do that. No so tech savvy me unfortunately. Thoughirily appreciate your help though homey 💯
Yeah I've released the springs that are held down to the chassis forgive the non technical speak #newbie plus a lil lesson concreting on the lingo as one can probably tell. Wish I could circle thing and cross them out but I'd end up sledge hammering 🔨 my phone trying to do that. No so tech savvy me unfortunately. Thoughirily appreciate your help though homey 100
Yeah I've released the springs that are held down to the chassis forgive the non technical speak #newbie plus a lil lesson concreting on the lingo as one can probably tell. Wish I could circle thing and cross them out but I'd end up sledge hammering 🔨 my phone trying to do that. No so tech savvy me unfortunately. Thoughirily appreciate your help though homey 💯
Yeah I've released the springs that are held down to the chassis forgive the non technical speak #newbie plus a lil lesson concreting on the lingo as one can probably tell. Wish I could circle thing and cross them out but I'd end up sledge hammering 🔨 my phone trying to do that. No so tech savvy me unfortunately. Thoughirily appreciate your help though homey 100
New found technologies better I couldn't do that tomorrow

Attachments

• 20230626_223424.jpg
    20230626_223424.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 21