What is the biggest nitro engine ever built on a monster truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
What is the biggest nitro engine ever built on a monster truck? I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything. If the question is too general, how about a RTR/Kit form monster truck. No custom builds. I think it is the CEN GST 7.7, or the Thunder Tiger EK4 7.0, or the MGT 8.0.

What is the biggest nitro engine ever built on a monster truck? I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything. If the question is too general, how about a RTR/Kit form monster truck. No custom builds. I think it is the CEN GST 7.7, or the Thunder Tiger EK4 7.0, or the MGT 8.0.

I don't know, but I know the biggest baddest nitro truck I have seen is the Kyosho Gigga Crusher. it had two .26 motors. I know there are bigger ones, they don't have twin motors in a 1/8th scale...ish truck. Again, that is my opinion.

FYI for everyone, the Thunder Tiger EK4 .70 is the largest. The .70 was actually measured in CI (cubic inches) and the MGT 8.0 and CEN GST 7.7 were measured in CC. So the EK4 is actually 11.4 CC. So it's the largest.

FYI for everyone, the Thunder Tiger EK4 .70 is the largest. The .70 was actually measured in CI (cubic inches) and the MGT 8.0 and CEN GST 7.7 were measured in CC. So the EK4 is actually 11.4 CC. So it's the largest.

But it doesn't have 2 motors and it's not a 1/8 scale. A buddy of mine, way back, had one of those EK4s. he kept breaking it. It had a lot of power but I guess it couldn't take much of a hit. I never saw it drive because he would fix it and break it before I saw it.

But it doesn't have 2 motors and it's not a 1/8 scale. A buddy of mine, way back, had one of those EK4s. he kept breaking it. It had a lot of power but I guess it couldn't take much of a hit. I never saw it drive because he would fix it and break it before I saw it.
Yeah but we are referring to the biggest nitro engine ever put in a truck. We are talking about the cc or ci of the displacement of a SINGLE engine. Anyone could build a twin with two tiny motors, but only a manufacturer can make the largest engine.

True Dat! I have buddy that has Psycho Crusher that has two brushless motors on it. Crazy fast. Too bad it can't turn worth a crap.

Back