What is the best equipment to build a track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoRnKiD

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Me and Maxxcrazy might make a track in his backyard this summer. And we were just wondering what the best piece of equipment is like a bulldozer a backhoe what does anyone who made a track know?

A good shovel...but the key is two good hands...that's a must, first thing you must get

I imagine a bobcat would do just fine :) And a drag, you'll want a drag to make everything nice and flat :)

a shovel....A SHOVEL!!! r u kidding u know how long that would take! iam think along the lines of like heavy machines. We can mostlikley get our hands on a small bulldozer a tractor and a small trackhoe and a bobcat are those good tools?

any tractor with a front end loader will do u plenty. also it would be your best bet to make a drawing layout for the track (do yourself a favor and draw it TO SCALE!!, this will make it easier when u go to build it

Bobcat, roller, some rakes and a couple of shovels.

The bobcat will do a bulk of the work.

The rakes and shovels you will use to detail it.

The roller will be used to finish it.

HAND Roller

A lot of people don't know that it take a lot of work everyday to keep it up.

Lots of water and lots of time packing and rolling.

Pipes and Carpet and Wood For ramps and Course Lines. The Carpet is a really really nice touch! iT adds plenty of grip to the ramps(wood) and the dirt ones too! The carpet makes it so that you dont slide out on a huge ramp. Sliding out on the Lip of the ramp is the worse thing.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen
Sliding out on the Lip of the ramp is the worse thing.
[move]-Kellen[/move]
I think watching your rc break into hundreds of pieces is worse. Then again watching a BMW run over your rc is not much fun either.

Okay....did your rc ever get driven down a storm drain? Did it get lock-throttle into a group of bums? Did you ever put water in your nitro? Did you ever run without a Air Filter? Did you ever drive in the pouring rain? Did you ever drive your on-road off-road? Well...I did. But I think Watching someone take away your R/C and breaking it would be the worse.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Okay....did your rc ever get driven down a storm drain? Did it get lock-throttle into a group of bums? Did you ever put water in your nitro? Did you ever run without a Air Filter? Did you ever drive in the pouring rain? Did you ever drive your on-road off-road? Well...I did. But I think Watching someone take away your R/C and breaking it would be the worse.
[move]-Kellen[/move]
WHAT THE HECK WERE U ON????

I don't know, but I want some :D

Bobcat's are the best in my opinion. :)

ya we alredy have the track planed out to scale but we have 2 plans and were not sure witch one to do but isnt it pretty hard to keep up a track?

[move]-Kellen[/move]

thats some crazy $hit man ... how did you fight off the bums ? :trout:

Anyone else have this pictue in their heads of MC an KK opperating heavy machinery in the backyard only to have the unsuspecting parents come home to a big surprise.

well hell at least we arnt gonna get drunk and stuff

Back