What is it worth??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have this nitro monnster truck, and I'm wondering what its worth.

I THINK its a vintage kyosho nitro usa-1 crusher, but I'm not 100% on that.

Everything seems to be in good working order mechanically, and in good shape visually. I think its been sitting for quite a while, because the engine was locked up. I lubed it up and got it moving freely. it seems to still have some pinch to it. the carb is locked up thought and i can't free it up.

I dont have any nitro stuff anymore, so i can't try to start it, but i tested the electronics and all the servos work. The body is rough, but thats not a big deal i dont think.

Id like to know what i have, and if its all original. I want to try to sell it, so i need to know what to expect.

Pics attached, cause i know you guys like pics.

Attachments

• 20210123_170903.jpg
    20210123_170903.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 20210123_170919.jpg
    20210123_170919.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20210123_170929.jpg
    20210123_170929.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210123_170937.jpg
    20210123_170937.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210123_170948.jpg
    20210123_170948.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210123_171124.jpg
    20210123_171124.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 101
@beason yes sir that is a Kyosho USA-1 for sure.

That's pretty cool as I was JUST talking about the USA-1 a few hours ago after I received my new Losi LMT Grave Digger. The Nitro USA-1 was always my dream truck but never bought.

I've seen a number of USA-1 new in box list on eBay for around $1,000 or more. The body in mint condition can bring in some money. A used truck with a rough body, I wouldn't even want to guess what it would be worth.

If you're selling it shoot me a PM with what you're looking to get out of it. Otherwise if it was me, I would list it on eBay for $1.00 and set a reserve for what YOU want out of it and let it ride. You either get at least what you want or you don't have to sell it.

I would say about $350. Putting a reserve price at eBay usually don't give you a price people are willing to pay as a lot of people don't like reserve. I would put in a price you are comfortable with and go from there.

Ebay is a gamble these days the buyer has 365 days to abuse and destroy your rc then get there money back leaving you holding the empty bag. I've seen those usa 1 go from 100 garage sale to nib 1200$ usd.. the tires alone if in good condition go from 100 and up.. Send woodie a e let him get what he has always wanted helps with this hobby..

Talk to me Woodie, what do you think its worth?

I will give you the list of what i know is bad, and good.

bad:
the body obviously is rough, but its not the original white one.
it looks like the exhaust manifold broke at some point and they added another coupler to make it work.
the carb is froze up. you may be able to get it apart and clean it, its just gummed up.
it has an old futaba crystal rx in it, but I'm sure you would replace that anyway. I do not have the TX
one wheel has a very small crack in the lip. doesn't seem to affect anything.
its set up for bump box, so if you dont have one, you would have to convert to pull start. There seems to be plenty of room for one.
one shock is missing the nut on the tower, and it looks like the wrong length screw was used.
I have no way of testing the glo plug.

good:
the chassis plate seems to be flat and strait with no major gouges
the servos work as they should
the diffs look good, and seem to have some sort of weighted oil in them
the brake disk looks good,
tires look good, with no cuts or gouges
the shocks are strait, and rebound correctly. they also have some weighted oil (possibly too heavy, slow rebound) they are also adjustable.
center diff seems to work as it should
engine turns over now, and seems to have some pinch. even with the head off it has resistance, and pops on the downstroke.

Id like it to go to someone that would get it back to its glory days, instead of some kid locally who is just going to beat on it.

Ebay can be a gamble. They have changed some of the rules. If you put in the add that all sales are finale and you will not accept returns, that will pretty much save your butt. Also, take a picture of the truck while packing it with something that has the date on it as proof of what it looks like before you shipped it. Do to there not being too many other outlets, I have sold quite a few RC vehicles on Ebay. I haven't had any problems. You can also look at the reviews of the buyer before you send it to them. If you don't like their reviews, you can cancel them. Also, anyone who buys it from Ebay knows what it is and will build it back up to it's glory days.