What is a sway bar kit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKoRyan

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole RC hobby and I would like to know if it is worth it to get a sway bar kit for my slayer pro. My first car is on its way to my house and I'm just looking around at different things for it. I just see a couple people using the SBK but I don't know what it is exactly. So if someone could help me by explaining what it does and if it is worth it to have seeing as it's only $20, that would be fantastic!

Thanks guys!

A "sway bar kit" adds an anti roll bar to your suspension. If you know much about 1:1 cars, it's essentially the same principle. A bar connected to your frame and A arms to reduce body roll while cornering.
Kinda depends what you end up really wanting to do. Anti Roll bars can be great for handling, but they also kill articulation. A Slayer doesn't have a lot of need for articulation so a sway bar may be in order, depending how smooth your track surface is.
I have upgraded sway bars on my Mustang to keep it flat during my... spirited ... commute. I'm just a basher so I don't have them on my RCs so I can't help you make a decision, but I hope I helped you understand the idea.

I tend to run sway bars on my onroad vehicles only. The only exception is my RC-18t which is an on/off-road beast.

Thanks for your input guys. I think I'll grab them and give them a shot. What kind of upgrades would you guys think would be essential for me? I want to do a bit of off roading and track riding. If that helps. Jumps are involved in the track running.

I'm not sure what all the Slayer PRO comes with. I'd say your biggest bang for the buck would be tires. A Motor saver filter is always a good idea, as well as a quality pipe. A variety of shock oils and springs to tune to your track.

An ERCM pipe is a great upgrade. I also run a Forward Only Conversion (FOC) and a center diff in my Revo. I also run a Big Block Picco .26 in it as well.

I'll have to check those out! I'm just doing a bunch of research on several different things. It's hard right now to learn it all when I don't even have a car yet. But soon! My Slayer PRO will be here either Thursday or Friday.

Now are most parts universal? Or should I be very cautious when purchasing to make sure everything is compatible?

Some parts are universal. Mostly you want things proven to fit your chassis.
But anything can be made to work with the proper finnagalling

Back