what is a good motor/motor brand?

• Thread starter the king of the undead
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the king of the undead

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for a motor and ESC and pretty much everything else I would need. it was originally a tethered remote so I kinda have to redo almost everything.

Need to know a little more... scale?.I know my tethered nitro mostly are weird sizes compared to todays rc..I have some smaller than 1/18 scale about 8" long wheel base is about 5.75" ctc.. not really sure what scale to install if I went full electric on that.but I know most 1/18 scales esc motors are way to large. I've always liked the tekin rage not sure if made anymore. always had bad luck with castle mamba 25 becs failed many times esc would be intermittent.

Need to know a little more... scale?.I know my tethered nitro mostly are weird sizes compared to todays rc..I have some smaller than 1/18 scale about 8" long wheel base is about 5.75" ctc.. not really sure what scale to install if I went full electric on that.but I know most 1/18 scales esc motors are way to large. I've always liked the tekin rage not sure if made anymore. always had bad luck with castle mamba 25 becs failed many times esc would be intermittent.
I don't think it is scailed. it is bigger than a traxxis slash so space isn't an issue.

Hobbywing makes great escs and motors, Castle is another option though a bit more expensive.
brushed or brushless?

for radio you could go with spektrum, they make decent radios but for better performance futaba is also another choice that's rather more expensive but worth it

Back