What exactly is a stadium truck.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking at the ofna titan and the tmaxx are these considered stadium trucks? Matt

no, Those are monster trucks. The Rustler, Team Losi XX-NT and AE RC10GT are stadium trucks.:hehe:

What kind of truck are you looking for? One that will take a hell of a beating or one that is less expensive and will take less of a beating?

Monsters Are normally 4X4 and have wheels larger than 2.2 which is what stadium trucks run. Also stadium trucks are known as GT's or Gas Trucks. X

I am looking for something to bash the hell out of! Which would be stronger and last longer under very harsh treatment. Also I want it to be vary fast and jump high without bottoming out which one. Matt

Savage or T-Maxx or go totaly different with the titan

Originally posted by matt
I am looking for something to bash the hell out of! Which would be stronger and last longer under very harsh treatment. Also I want it to be vary fast and jump high without bottoming out which one. Matt

Then you should be looking at T-Maxx, Savage, Ofna Titan or other Monster trucks.

Well I beg to differ. Stadium Trucks can fly farther go higher and don't break as offten as T-maxxes. They dont have the ground clearance as a monster but you do a heck of a lot less wrenching on a GT than a Monster in my experience...X

I concur with X. My XXX-NT will out fly any of my monster trucks and it just flatout does not break. HONESTLY! I've only broken a couple battery boxes (jumping) and the front hinge pin brace(wide open into a wall while tuning and not fully put back together hehehe). They will bottom out, BUT, they are made well enough that that is OK!

I also forgot to add you want something to bottom out at a certain point otherwise you will be busting up the suspension very bad...breaking shocks shock towers skids and so on...X

I see both your points, but one thing that makes me want to point him in the monster truck direction, is that unless you have a reasonably flat, rockless area to bash, the stadiums tend to flip and get hung up relativly easy. Now if he said whats better for racing on a groomed track, I would say, stadium, hands down. It depends on the terrain. Where I go to bash, the stadiums don't seem to do to well. I just think that the Monsters give you a wider range to run on.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I concur with X. My XXX-NT will out fly any of my monster trucks and it just flatout does not break. HONESTLY! I've only broken a couple battery boxes (jumping) and the front hinge pin brace(wide open into a wall while tuning and not fully put back together hehehe). They will bottom out, BUT, they are made well enough that that is OK!

I agree with X and christian, my gt will usually take more of a beating than my maxx due to the weight of the maxx being almost twice of that of the gt. I have to say the maxx is fun to run around but if height and distance is a concern, then the GT wins in my book.

I am looking to climb rocky hills and very rough terrian. I think the monster truck sounds like the one I want. Thanks Matt

Matt from what you just said
It looks like a Monster if the truck for you. The problem is what you asked for above and what you want to do with it they haven't made a truck yet that can do all you want and be the best at all things. Its a trade off in one area or another between The MT and GT for now...X

Is the HPI NMT considered a stadium truck?

Back