What engine if cost were not a factor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubdeuce

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just curious what are some opinions of the badest offroad 1/8 engine available? If cost was not a factor what engine would people use to race 1/8 scale?

I run a RB Mods Ninja for big races and a Radical 621P for club racing. Lately though I've just run my stock v-spec though.

I've heard good things about the Axe Rossi Cobra.

I'm running an AXE Mamba, and for the price, its a right screamer.

If cost was not an option, i would proberly run a top of the range RB

Dave

You know... I am probably going to get beat up for saying this... but even if cost was not a factor, I would still be running my OS V-Spec in the buggy. It is pretty easy to tune, and it holds its tune well. I run OS mills in all my Nitros (.21 V-Spec, RG-X, and .30VG) and I am very happy with them. I started with OS motors when I flew RC Planes and I loved them then. There are faster, and better made mills out there, but I am happy with them. In fact I am getting ready to put an .18 in my TMaxx.

Tom

Last edited:
No Tom, nobody will beat you up on that. OS mills are good. With the V-spec though it can a little touchy with the power. I actually like the P5 quite well in the buggy.

No Tom, nobody will beat you up on that. OS mills are good. With the V-spec though it can a little touchy with the power. I actually like the P5 quite well in the buggy.

So you mean I can come out from under the bed?!! ...... Hey Mom!!! You can go home now. I think I am going to be ok!

All kidding aside... A buddy of mine runs the P5 in his buggy and he loves it. I guess it is all personal preference.

Tom

Briggs & Stratton 3HP, can't go wrong.

psssssst, you did mention something about cost not being a factor!

My first engine upgrade was to an RB 3-port "E type" (the E standing for economy). I told all the fellas that is was an entry level RB. They all told me that there was nothing "entry level" about an RB. Point being, this 3 port is probably their slowest but still a screamer. I have plans to someday put in something bigger in my buggy and for sure, it will be an RB.

Well sence this is a motor thread I want to say that the Dynamite Platinum .28 spec3 motor I bought.....Dude it ripped the tires off of my beedlock rims that were GLUED ON.....yeah the chrome was left on the rim just so I could possibly change the tire in the future but DANG easy to tune not like the Mach series that can be a pain..not sure if it will fit into an 1/8 scale truggy but godal03 was talkin about his O.S. .30 (witch I have also waiting in the wings)...But the Dynamite comes with three carb inserts 7.5mm 8mm 9mm I dont even want to try the 9mm insert.....talk about unreal power. the 7.5mm carb insert controls this abit so it has tons of low end but when you put the 8mm insert it becomes a well WOW.motor no kiddin.
you also must use a heat source to start it in breakin

Back