What do you think?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I would start with the B pillars, then roof. Watch those corners, tricky to get right, they usually either get ignored, or or zealously shot. A black "bed liner" would pop that silver silver for a nice accent. Massachusetts is cool.

Right before I spray, after washing I check all stickers for bleed. As for paint, the selected color you have would be nice. One trick I have when I get unsure..... I look at factory paint colors for the year of the body I have. That helped me a few times. Other times I would draw it out on paper to make sure if its a multicolor or a race like theme.

As @Heisenburg said, a bed liner adds detail and realism. To get that, after paint, BEFORE you take off the outer mask, gently cut the ned out. Shoot it in paint or plastidip. I use plastidip as it has a rubber feel.

I usually back my paint in silver, then black. I use silver to back the colors so the black doesn't bleed through. If its light colors and I'm worried, I sometimes will use 2 coats of silver, other times one. The black is mainly to add depth and hide the ouside paint for a more scale look.

I'm including a neglected build I have. I have the bed painted, the bed with scrapes and gouges, and the bed with plastidip.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/proline-chevy-k20-10-2.132045/

Right before I spray, after washing I check all stickers for bleed. As for paint, the selected color you have would be nice. One trick I have when I get unsure..... I look at factory paint colors for the year of the body I have. That helped me a few times. Other times I would draw it out on paper to make sure if its a multicolor or a race like theme.

As @Heisenburg said, a bed liner adds detail and realism. To get that, after paint, BEFORE you take off the outer mask, gently cut the ned out. Shoot it in paint or plastidip. I use plastidip as it has a rubber feel.

I usually back my paint in silver, then black. I use silver to back the colors so the black doesn't bleed through. If its light colors and I'm worried, I sometimes will use 2 coats of silver, other times one. The black is mainly to add depth and hide the ouside paint for a more scale look.

I'm including a neglected build I have. I have the bed painted, the bed with scrapes and gouges, and the bed with plastidip.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/proline-chevy-k20-10-2.132045/
I think just for now I’m going to use black paint for the bed this is my first custom paint if I love the painting I might buy like 10 bodies that are cheap during sale times and paint them or re sell them for profit for more bodys

Here’s what I got instead

A7D5A91E-A0BE-44B6-AFD8-FE20265A9C28.jpeg

A4D30DE5-ACF6-40D1-8EF9-194FC738C028.jpeg

84A54BC2-4457-4042-91E8-895FD187F649.jpeg

7B54249D-D2FE-492C-BE29-3D513305262A.jpeg

77730512-EEFB-4A79-9A0E-23B0752A20AC.jpeg

Back