what do you think of the trx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i` going to see some ported TRX`s today,so i can see how they rock:)

I just started porting one, it will be my first wish me luck. Fortunately it is not mine, lol. I am doing it for a friend of mine who was willing to take the risk. So I get a free practice shot at it before I do mine. :D

was it leaking from early on berra,cos it should not do that much.you hadn`t had it that long had you before getting the fantom?

It leaked quite a bit through break in, i was confused because my trx from my 4 tec hadn't leaked at all. So i went on to the traxxas board to ask if it was normal and people said yes. The only reason i got the fantom was because cleaning oil from the chassis started to irritate me, alot. I am very please with the change.

Originally posted by Fett
Berra, now that you've tried the TRX and the Fantom, What do you think of the Fantom?

The fantom is awesome, like matts said, it has power and torque up the wazoo:confused:, the only thing i didnt like was the carb, because of the idle screw position, so i changed it over with the trx one, like a few people have recomended.:banana:

Last edited:
I just put the TRX back in my maxx after having my OS .12 in it and the TRX is there to stay for a while. I'm thinking of porting it now. Two questions though. Does porting the sleve void the Traxxas trade in policy and will the port job give me enough ponies to start getting a few wheelies out of it to make my friend's OS .15s look silly???

My OS .12 wasn't putting out enough low end power for climbing dirt hills and grass. It would scream in a parking lot with no stress on it. I also had problems keeping the temps at or below 300F, especially with the body on it. I went back to my TRX today and was happy with the power output. I had temps of 275F with the body on.

Why would anyone want to put a trx carb on an OS engine? This is like taking a 456 out of a 69 Chevelle and replacing it with a 4 cyl. I personally think a .12 is a little small for a big heavy maxx, Matt in one thread you love your OS and hate your Fantom, the next is totally opposite, man I can't even follow you.

I think one of my OS temp problems was that it was broken in with Cool Power 10% nitro. I used Traxxas 20% when it was in my Maxx. I could not get it to run cool. After I put in a 18t CB it helped some, but not enough to be in the safe zone.

Yep, I agree with you on the carb thing. I switched over to the TRX carb too. Man, what a difference. I am thinking about trying an OS 10e carb. From what I hear, it's about the best out there.