What do you guys think about this one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I work in construction, and most of us use cordless power tools.. mostly the better brands. The battery packs can be rebuilt and I thought about getting into it for some extra cash. I could at least start out doing the Ni-cads and see how it goes. I'd imagine that the same batteries that are used in the R/C hobby could very well be used to rebuild the battery pack for power tools. I have a guy who volunteered to be the guinea pig on this one and will pay for all the materials to be used. If I can make it cost effective enough to do where It's fairly less than buying a new one I think I could generate plenty of work.. just have to find the best resources available. With that being said, what are your thoughts on it.. and do you have sources with reasonable prices for materials?

With most batteries for the tools I use run around $70-100 I'd surely be interested in seeing how this works out.

I typically just buy stuff from Amazon as it's a bit cheaper than Lowes or Home Depot most of the time.

With most batteries for the tools I use run around $70-100 I'd surely be interested in seeing how this works out.

I typically just buy stuff from Amazon as it's a bit cheaper than Lowes or Home Depot most of the time.

Yeah I think even the craftsman ones run about 50 each

Last time I priced sub c nimh cells, they were about $5 each. $4 in bulk. 18 volts=15 cells. It'll cost $80 for a common pack size after considering the price of quality tabs. You'd have to build a ton of packs to make any money but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You'd probably get pretty fast at it. There's already another company that does it though. They use 3000mah Sanyo cells. 12volt craftsman pack was $35 shipped. I'd want 5000mah cells though. Why not.:) All depends on how cheap you could get the cells for.

Yeah I'm doing some searching as of right now.. it looks like the more I buy the cheaper they get per battery

Back