What do you guys know about projector headlights?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you work in a high crime area like i do, blacked windows are SCARY!

I can get a ticket just like everyone else. And have..........

The lights on my truck are pure JUNK, worst lights I have ever seen on a vehicle, I'll just take the chance with the tickets...I rarely drive far and the chances of me getting a ticket around my home are slim to none.

I just need to be able to see better at night I have no want for colored lights, the ones I want are 4300. From what I have read those are the brightest light for actual driving and they are white. When they start getting color they do a good job of blinding others and not as good of a job helping the driver see.

I still do not understand what he means by a POP ticket?

POP: Piss Off the Police. There are many things that get let go by cops, under normal circumstances such as exhaust, and we tend to try and cut breaks. The more trouble one causes, the more trouble that person is in.
Some say that its BS, and messed up, but i tell those people to take a walk in an officers shoes dealing with the same stuff over and over. Every stop starts the same way, but its the violator's decision on how it ends.

I can understand your point of view and go far out of my way to avoid pissing off a cop. "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" has kept me out of trouble. I just wish that the local cops here would enforce the tint and noise ordinances a bit more than they do. I'm not very patient and have a hard time waiting for them to enter the Darwin Awards.

The lights on my truck are pure JUNK, worst lights I have ever seen on a vehicle, I'll just take the chance with the tickets...I rarely drive far and the chances of me getting a ticket around my home are slim to none.

I just need to be able to see better at night I have no want for colored lights, the ones I want are 4300. From what I have read those are the brightest light for actual driving and they are white. When they start getting color they do a good job of blinding others and not as good of a job helping the driver see.

If you are going to go with HID bulbs, PLEASE for your own sake, as well as the sake of all other drivers....... get an HID projector lens kit. With no lens on em, they have no top cut off, and just blind everyone in their paths.

I will have the projector lenses and I will have them set properly! I had no intentions on spending over $500.00 of lights but like I said, these headlights suck....I would much rather a good leveling kit and tires!

POP: Piss Off the Police. There are many things that get let go by cops, under normal circumstances such as exhaust, and we tend to try and cut breaks. The more trouble one causes, the more trouble that person is in.
Some say that its BS, and messed up, but i tell those people to take a walk in an officers shoes dealing with the same stuff over and over. Every stop starts the same way, but its the violator's decision on how it ends.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. I really don't have an issue with that. If people would just keep their mouths shut the stop would be both quicker and cheaper. I got pulled over the other week for having a headlight out. No big deal. I didn't know it was out so I went and got jtrellaced next morning. I was cool so officer was cool.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. I really don't have an issue with that. If people would just keep their mouths shut the stop would be both quicker and cheaper. I got pulled over the other week for having a headlight out. No big deal. I didn't know it was out so I went and got jtrellaced next morning. I was cool so officer was cool.

You are right on the money with that one. I only write 100% of the time if someone is driving under suspension, in possession of an "illegal substance", no insurance, warrants, or DWI. Everything else depends on how the violator acts/talks.