What do you do with your pile of broken but not going to fix RCs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mockduck

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have had mixed luck on my RC hobby in recent years. My Arrmas have been great, but I have a Yeti Can Am Jr. that broke after about 20 minutes, then I made it worse by getting a screw completely stuck in the underside that I can't even get drilled out. I have an old Granite Voltage that was great but I simply beat to death. I have a Pro Boat that I can't get running more than 5 miles per hour, and after spending way too much to try to fix it, just looking at the thing makes me angry. I have a Hobby Engine M1A2 tank that looks great, but doesn't run, and I can't get it fixed either. I suspect it is a circuit board issue, but that is beyond my ability to fix, and replacement parts seem unfindable.

So, I have a moving box-sized box of RC vehicles and parts in what amounts to a basement graveyard. I feel bad throwing it out, but I can't really sell them either as who would want to buy them, and I just don't see myself ever going back to them due to how frustrating they have been. What do you do with this stuff?

Id sell what I could .but Id let the buyer know issues b4 they buy.. Ill take the pro boat.
Purchased a pro boat miss Budweiser 3 years back at a yard sale for 3$. put new brushed esc in it sold it for 250$...

Agree'd, take pictures of your stuff and throw it up for sale detailing what you know or think might be wrong with it. I would be interested in boat if tntproof doesn't take it.

Might be interested in other stuff too. Some of us like to fix up/build/mod more than we like to actually use the stuff. lol I have two chassis's and hundreds of dollars in part sitting in boxes that some day I will get around to building so they can look pretty on my shelf.

I'm always tinkering in the shop and put all the parts to good use. They may not stay all together for very long but they are always in use.

Back