What did you do with your rock crawler today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Scorpion

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I figured this could be interesting.
I‘ll start. Yesterday I decided to check out a hiking/mountain bike trail near me. So it was the perfect chance to do some trailing. It’s called Grape Smuggler trail. Part of the Piney knob area. In Marble, N.C.
Covered 2.08 miles in about an hour and 15 minutes. Including stopping to do some rock crawling and hill climbing. I brought 2 batteries but only used one. I’m thrilled to see it last that long. I even used it when I got back on some obstacles I have laying around.
So post up your adventures or mods.

I really enjoy all aspects of RC but the most enjoyment I get out of them is crawling. Fortunately we live in a low populated area full of different terrain. We crawl in several different places along the Snake River in Idaho, and the timbered mountains are only 20 minutes from us.
It's just the wife and I but perfect company...:)

sounds like alot of fun more fun than evil had on your river tuned...Oh all the memories..nimitz bumper boat n repair and all the rest After 1st round I'm in good shape Clod is running great strong and sticking to sandy loom.. i can't seem to go slow...

Every once in awhile I have to take a break and let the wind blow through my hair... :D

I do that on a 81 kz 1 doing 105 (then i shift into 5th)even with a brain cage you still get air

I filmed and installed a roof rack on my SCX24. I plan on posting the video to my YouTube channel in about a week. That said, what are some of the better ways to add accessories to the roof rack? I've heard velcro, or double sided tape. Thanks

Hi Scott I have been considering getting a SCX24 . How do you like it? And how long does a battery last on average?
Looking forward to your video.

Hi Scott I have been considering getting a SCX24 . How do you like it? And how long does a battery last on average?
Looking forward to your video.
I love it. It is super capable, and I am seeing run times of about 45 min. The charger that comes with it SUCKS! lasted about 4-5 charges. My buddy also picked up a SCX24 the same day I got mine...think his lasted about 6-10 charges. Seems to be a common theme on internet too. I contacted Axial, they never responded.
That said pick up charger, and a spare battery and have fun. You can see how well they do on my YouTube channel ScottOffRoadRc along with other channels