What Buggy Do You Recommend

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1NitroDude

Hey guyz, I went to a local RC club race this weekend and I saw some nice 1/8 buggies. Man it got me so pumped that I want one, but there are so many to choose from. I went online and saw some RTR OFNA buggies. I know that kits are better, but since I'm just starting I think that RTR's will be better for me, a newbie. These are the models I saw.
OFNA:
Hyper 8.5x RTR
Hyper 7 PBS 28Mac RTR
Ultra MBX Comp RTR
Ravager RTR
What do you all think or would another brand be better? Money is not an issue.

There is also is the Hyper 9. I wouldn't really say it's a kit since it's 80% pre-built though. I'd go for that one.

When did the OFNA Hyper 9 come out. Is this one of the buggy's that you can find parts everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Losi 8ight RTR deal at Amain. You get a RTR buggy, a motor, and a nice remote for 400$.

If your racing. A Losi 8ight RTR would be an excellent choice. Seeing as they have come down in price after the release of the 8ight 2.0 .. Very quick buggies, parts backup are good too. And most LHS's should carry parts seeing as LOSI is a popular brand. Not too mention very well known. If your bashing, definatly not the 8ight. But tell us what you'd like to do with it first. Cheers :D

ok i know u said buggy but i have a losi 8ight-t and its a strong very nice truggy so the buggy i would guess is just as good

but i also like the hyper line up,my next rc will be a brushless buggy to go race so I'm thinking about hyper 9 i love the look of them over the 8.5 but thats just me

ok i know u said buggy but i have a losi 8ight-t and its a strong very nice truggy so the buggy i would guess is just as good

but i also like the hyper line up,my next rc will be a brushless buggy to go race so I'm thinking about hyper 9 i love the look of them over the 8.5 but thats just me

If I could afford it I would probably buy the truggy over the buggy. Look at the truggy if you want to bash.

If I could afford it I would probably buy the truggy over the buggy. Look at the truggy if you want to bash.

right I'm goin to use my losi truggy for a basher but next i want nice buggy

right I'm goin to use my losi truggy for a basher but next i want nice buggy

Yep, if it wasn't for the fact that there is a track practically next door to my house I wouldn't buy a buggy. Hopefully Amain's deal will last till summer when I can afford it :D

Try the kyosho rtr its pretty solid out the box

what about the ansmann vapor, its got a .28 engine, is that any good?

Top buggys at the tracks are

MBX6/MBX5R
D8
XB808
Kyosho MP9

That's what we see the most of in the winner's circle, here in the Texas series.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, we have a couple Hypers that do pretty well aslo.

Just cause a car does well in races doesn't mean it's the best. It's more driver than anything, to an extent at least.

OP, keep in mind what your LHS and track carry parts for and what others use. If nobody uses Losi's or has parts for one, then don't buy one. Others will be able to help you at the track if you have problems and they own the car themselves.

Back