What Brushless setup do you run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
I am doing a BL conversion. I didn't see any other threads like this one.
It would be nice to have a thread listing what setups people have and their experiences with them.

Please post what R/C, Gearing, ESC, motor, temps, battery you use, and how your setup performs overall. Please specify whether you race, bash, drag race.. etc. Also if there is anything you would change what would it be?

I'm not looking for help in choosing what to put into my build. I thought a thread where people post their setup with a pic or two, and their experience could help everyone. I didn't want info for a single specific R/C. That is why I thought to post it here, rather than in an R/C specific forum.

Videos and pictures of your R/C are encouraged :).

Last edited:
What are you putting it in? If you're converting an 1/8 scale mt, for example, it makes no difference what I'm using in a 1/10 buggy.

+1, Alien. A micro or mini will have different gearing and motor/ESC than an 1/8 scale M/T as will an SCT, a buggy and a Crawler.

I'm not looking for suggestions on what I should put in mine. Just would like to see what different people use for whatever they have. Ill edit the post a bit to clarify

On my RC-18t I'm running a Castle Mamba Micro Pro 6800kV with a 13/60 gearing. My RC-18r is running the same set up with 13/55 gearing. On my SCX-10 I'm running a Dynamite Fuze 1/10 scale with a 14/80.I'm running a Novak Goat 18t on my Losi Mini Rock Crawler with stock gearing.

In my LST2 conversion I'm using an RX8 with a T8 1550kv on 6S with 34/63 gearing

My 100+ MPH Rusty Has an MMM with Castle 2200KV on 6S. Right now I have 34/36 gearing with plans to eventually get to 40/34 gearing.

My Losi 8ight has an RX8 and a T8 2650 on 3S but I will eventually be switching this up to a T8 1900kv on 4S when I get the money. Gearing to be determined.

My Durango DESC will have an RX8 with either a Pro4 4000kv or a SC4X 5.5 on 2S. Havent built it yet.

I'm gonna convert my Ten T over to use an MMP and a T8 2650 on 3S once I get the time.

Back