What are my options for bodies for HPI Savage XL?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharkey420

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a MGT body that fitted my Savage with extended flm tvp.. what are other options to fix on the XL & Octane trucks?

There are several bodies that either fit directly or can be easily fitted for the Savage XL.

Proline Racing has a GMC TopKick body made for the Savage XL in mind. PARMA also has a few LST/MGT bodies that will fit like the Grave Digger and X-citer. In addition to those many people have used RC short course bodies as well and trimmed where needed with great success.

Here's a picture of the 1966 Ford F-100 short course body that was trimmed and used on the new Savage Octane which looks pretty good.
xh300Fl.png

@WoodiE I'm not familair with the Sav XL just the X SS. Is it about the same length as a Losi XXL? I'm just curious if these bodies will work for a XXL cuz I've been wondering about that for some time now. Never sure what lid is ok to buy for a XXL. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread I just thought since the question was so similar I might as well ask here.

@greywolf74 the Savage XL is 585mm and the Losi XXL is 589mm or in other words 23 inches and some change. Basically the same size.