What are Kyohso Blizzards worth?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathfinder

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone remember what Kyosho blizzards sold for? OR know what there worth now?

I found the Nitro($230) and the EV for $175 US brand new and I'm thinking about getting it to play with in the snow!

(instead of wrecking the Savage) :)

Yikes... just realized it's in Honk Kong. rc Mart . c o m

Has anyone here ordered from them before?

Last edited:
Can't remember what I payed for mine, but that sounds about right.

They work great in the snow, just don't turn too sharply in real soft powder. Before I learned that little trick, I'd had the tracks dig all the snow out from under them, and leave the chassis high sided.

They look better with a truck body. :)
truck2sm.jpg

truck3sm.jpg

Nice! How well are the electronics protected? Is there any suspension in the tracks?

I'm still debating getting the one in Honk kong because shipping is $50. If I could find one in NA for the same price I'd snag it in a heartbeat.

--edit-- I found the original DX twin engine plow model aswell but the guy wants $580 shipped :( and apparently the DX speed control is hard to come buy if it fries..

Last edited:
It has a fully functioning torsion bar suspension. There's no damping on it, just springs, but it doesn't really need it Only the drive sprockets lack suspension, but that's how most real tracked vehicles are, too.

The stock body offers excelent protection for the electronics. it sits down low over the chassis. Snow can't get in, and it even protects against the ocasional water splash. I used to have Duratrax ESC in it that fit under the the stock body shell. I think my first gen Rooster would fit too, but the wires aren't long enough, so it sits over the motor endbell on a custom bracket. When I put on the body mounts for the truck body, I put them on a Lexan pan, that gives the same protection.

One thing I did, because I knew I'd be running it in wet conditions, was take some of the rubber channel that you're supposed to cut and put on the tracks, and ran it down the sides of the chassis where the low part of the body is. (that'll make more sense once you see the thing first hand) It still leaves enough of the channel to put on the tracks. I ran mine for the longest time without it. Probably not necessary, but it gives a little extra protection.

I just bought an Electric Blizzard off E-bay. I can't wait until it gets here. I broke an E-maxx today (bulkheads) and a Duratrax Evader (chassis snapped) today. Maybe Iw on;t be so rough on the Blizzard.

what did you pay for yours RAMtech?

Well,,,,

I was watching Survivor on TV, and fooling around on E-bay at the same time. I went to bid $200 on that Blizzard, and mistakenly hit "Buy it now". It was $319, so now its mine. I did a serach on complete auctions at e-bay, and they seem to be running around $250 to 300 for electric in mint condition.