What are Frozen Tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I get the idea of cold air is denser, so when it warms up you will have some air pressure. But how do you do this? It seems as soon as I remove the parts from the freezer I will get warm air in the tires?

I get the idea of cold air is denser, so when it warms up you will have some air pressure. But how do you do this? It seems as soon as I remove the parts from the freezer I will get warm air in the tires?

He actually said he "froze them and sealed them in the freezer". So maybe he did the glue work in the freezer. That would in no way be a consistant pressure from tire to tire. A better option is they make wheels with valve stems, or just use the tried and true foams.

Last edited:
He actually said he "froze them and sealed them in the freezer". So maybe he did the glue work in the freezer. That would in no way be a consistant pressure from tire to tire. A better option is they make wheels with valve stems, or just use the tried and true foams.
Did you see Kevin Talbot's video with the inflatable tires? Do you think that those would work on a basher?

Did you see Kevin Talbot's video with the inflatable tires? Do you think that those would work on a basher?
I would imagine that valve stem would throw the wheels way out of balance, but I'd have to have a set to know for sure. You could balance them of course, but they aren't designed for a basher, so I wouldn't use them on one.

I would imagine that valve stem would throw the wheels way out of balance, but I'd have to have a set to know for sure. You could balance them of course, but they aren't designed for a basher, so I wouldn't use them on one.
I haven’t seen that one do you have a link by chance

I just thought it was interesting. There are pneumatic crawler tires (Amazon/Ebay) which I'm sure aren't great.

He is doing a live feed so I asked him. He assembles the wheel and tire, then throws some E3000 on one of the vent holes. Freezes the tires for an hour and puts some E3000 on the other hole. Then they freeze for about 6 hours. The leaky tire is leaking around the bead.

One of my first RCs was Komodo Rocker (no relation to the new Komodo motors or Gmade). It's basically and AX10 clone. At the time (cir 2007) the wheels were seal and it relied on air pressure. The problem is the wheels aren't really sealed. It has since gotten foams. But what's old is new again I suppose.
Crawler_tree.jpg