Well then... Loose pinion gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ran 2 batteries throught the rival yesturday. Let it sit over night to drip dry, today my kid and i went in to clean it. Spray down with silicone lube and check it over. I decided to pop the gear cover off for what ever reason and I'm glad i did. Pinion gear was loose on the motor shaft. When i popped the cover off it was only making 1/4 contact with spur gear. Luckly nothing was worn and was able to just tighten it down. Deff checking diff fluid next

Blue locktite. If it did it once, it will do it again. A dab with the soldering iron can help loosen it if your tools are slightly rounded or if worried it will never come off.

on a new rc rtr or 1 some 1 else built the Owner should go over every inch.. time spent saves money wasted...I took my summit with Trax out after a 2.5 year high attise with some URB _not rc pure pain relief. checked beads to body clips..

Hey, Caleb. Yeah, good idea to check the grub screw and gear mesh after every session. Blue locker recommendation by Chubaka is solid advice.

My sessions with the MT10 are generally short and low impact. For that reason, I've yet to use blue locker on the grub. Probably should. But so far, so good. Cheers. 'AC'

Happens to me and I used crappy super glue that drips everywhere and accidentally glues my gears together 😑. They are freely moving now but I can't move the motor but I havent tested if it works yer since I'm waiting for parts.

Got that taken care of. Will go through rest of truck when i get time