Wat Hop-ups

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkbadass

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a xxx-nt and wante to hop it up to race it i was thinking a O.S. 12 engine titanium turnbuckles...and i dont know if i should get alumminum or graphite shock towers i would think graphite is light but it will break easier so wat do u guys think i should get to hop-up my XXX-nt?

I have never broken a shock tower on my xxxnt (I've jinxed myself now). So I'd say stick with the stock.

But I can tell you wanna spend some coinage....so if you're racing, pick up some tires...but really you should wait to see what the guys running the fast times at your track are running.

Diff gear, at the least pick up a spare stock diff gear or better yet an RRP (Robinson Racing Products) diff gear. Follow the manual for proper diff adjustment or you'll blow diff gears regularly. Even with proper adj. your gonna blow one...so get a spare.

RPM front bumper.....it won't completely solve the popping ball cups...but it will reduce the frequency.

Throw on a fuel filter...cheap insurance at less than $5.

A rechargable battery pack is always nice.

Just a few thoughts, although I'm far from being an expert.

Mr T

I read in your other thread about stripping a hex head.....so another useful purchase would be a good set of hex drivers...a little pricey....but you know how frustrating your stripped screw was...so probably worth the investment.

Mr T

Hey hawk, you're welcome.

mr T

Also, hg makes a diff nut that will help the durability of the diff.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.1hg.com/home/Indexnf.htm It's not firefox friendly, so use IE. Go to components, choose Losi Triple XNT and it's the only part they make for it.

The RRP diff gear, losi carbide diff balls, HG diff nut will make a damn near bulletproof diff that you won't have to worry about for a long time.

thanks guys...more hop-ups~!!

Not a whole lot else is really needed on that truck. It's pretty much race ready as it is. The things listed in here just help with durability.

Should i buy graphite show towers and arms ???

and some titanium turbuckles?

I found that they were stiffer than stock, but not much more durable. As for the tb's, if you have the $, might as well. I bent a few of mine on harsh landings.

I really want to suggest the RPM skid again as it will really help on those front ended impacts. Although, RC-Solutions makes a sweet spring steel one that would act less like a shovel on really harsh landings.