wanting to smoke my tires!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windy city maniac

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is it possible for my tc3+ to actually smoke the tires? i was thinking of puting a (omega .18) in it could that possibly do it.

I don't think you could "smoke" them but you can break them loose. Actually, I have lifted my buggy in the air put one tire on the tar slightly and held it there while giving it gas, I did start to smell burning rubber and it left a little spot on the tar. I didn't see any smoke but it is possible to break the tires loose from a stand still. I have done that a few times with my RS4 3 SS with an XTM .18. Another option for an engine would be an Epic .18, 1.8 HP in a small block!

If you really want to smoke your tires... lol Use rubber slicks, & spill down a little bleach on the ground. Granted, you will have to sit there for a bit until the tires heat up. Once hot enough, you should see smoke... I've seen guys do this with 1/4 scale dragster/funnycars... They can put on a mini smoke show with those things...lol

Pull the front dogbone out! You'll be smoking the rear tires in no time.

where can i find rubber slicks
and what is the the (dogbone)?

The dogbone I'm talking about connects the tranny and your front diff, its a shaft that runs through the center of the car back to front.

windy city maniac said:
where can i find rubber slicks
and what is the the (dogbone)?
Slicks can be found in any LHS. The dogbone that joneser is reering to is the center drive shaft.