wanting to do a scale of my truck, info needed.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i found this little rc truck that looks alot like my 1:1 rig.

e5af_1.jpg

All the info i have found says that it is 12.5 inches long and 7 inches wide. i can't find a wheelbase measurement. Is there any chassis on the market that would come close to fitting this or am i looking at a custom build?

i would like to do as close to my truck as possible.

anyone have a scaler they can measure? alpine, how big is your scaler rig?

Last edited:
12.5 long is gonna make the wb pretty short, I'm guessing 10-ish. if you wanted to buy a scx so you had everything, axles, chassis, suspension, links and so on, you could prolly just bob the chassis and make/buy some new links, maybe some traxxas turnbuckles and you would be set.

which one comes with leaf springs? i want to do a solid rear axle with leafs and front independent. i may be biting off a bit much.

which one comes with leaf springs? i want to do a solid rear axle with leafs and front independent. i may be biting off a bit much.

You could take a CC-01 with the indy front and linked rear and build a scaler out of that. You can use Tamyia 1/14 scale 18 wheeler leaf because they are a lot short then Hi lift / Hi Lux leaf springs. But IMO a indy front for a scaler sucks just like it on a 1:1 4x4.

The only out of the box leaf sprung rig is a Trail finder from RC3WD or a Hi Lift/ Hi Lux kit from Tamiya. Both rigs look nice but the performance will only leave you wanting more....

However there is a 1/6 scale version of a Nissan Pkup out there that you could build a BAMF'ing scale rig out of. I want to do one but have never got around to it.

thanks for all the info chip. my truck is 2wd but a 4wd version may be cool as well. is there any chassis on the market that would come close to fitting a 12.5 x 7 inch body?

isnt there some lexan 1/10th titan bodies? prolly be easier that way.

isnt there some lexan 1/10th titan bodies? prolly be easier that way.

Was..... but the good one was long dico'd. Parma makes a crapy one just like most of their lexan bodies.

they are but they are king cab. i want the crew. figured it would be nice to do a hard body. guess ill get the toy rc for the body and go from there.

ya but parma makes a crappy version of every vehicle lol. yeah get the body first beason.

thanks for all the info chip. my truck is 2wd but a 4wd version may be cool as well. is there any chassis on the market that would come close to fitting a 12.5 x 7 inch body?

Anything can be done with the SCX 10 chassis.

ya but parma makes a crappy version of every vehicle lol. yeah get the body first beason.
I did not say that yoooouuuu did. Agreed !!! ;)

is there any chassis on the market that would come close to fitting a 12.5 x 7 inch body?

The Losi MRC is the closest thing for those measurements but you will want to swap the chassis for that scale look. The CC-01 chassis is 15 inches long so you would have to hack it up to fit that body on it, and IMO it's not a very scale looking chassis but it does have the solid rear axle and indi front.

The fender wells on that truck look very small, your going to have trouble finding tires/wheel that won't make it look like a monster truck. IMO you should keep looking for a bigger body.

Last edited:
what about that tamiya pajero chassis? i know they dont have it anymore but they reused the chassis on a different car. like a rally car or something.wonder how big that one is.

the wheel wells do look kinda skinny. anyone know of any other nice looking titan hardbody models?

Back