want into large scale but...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecz28

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i want into large scale vehicles pretty bad, but found this browsing around..its called a traxxas monster buggy 1/6th scale...might be worth it, but the thing looks older than dirt. and can't find squat about it...anyone ever hear about it? or someone can point me in the direction for a rather cheap LEGIT large scale truck/buggy?

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/tag/1285372856.html

i have never heard of them eather although if you were to strip it down and give it a good clean and some GREAT TLC you might even be able to make some money off it.... I'm sure you could even find a shell to fit it somewere that would look great with a nice paintjob :)

JUST MY :2cents:

thanks for the link...and yeah i was thinking it needed a very thorough cleaning..but being as i never heard of them i didnt know what they would be like, or how avalable parts are for these. and how they would compare to to say the hpi baja's or the redcats

Not worth it, IMO. The first time it breaks you'll be out $375 since there is absolutely NO parts support for it.

You can find an HPI Baja for around $500 used. I bought mine (SS kit version) new for $800. It was so much fun to build and the satisfaction of knowing you built it is worth the money.

I forgot to mention that the Bajas have the largest parts support I've seen for any 5th scale rig.

2nd the opinion of not worth it
get a baja. best 1/5 scale out. tons of support, a dedicated forum to help you and tons of fun. there is nothing better than firing it up and running for 30 minutes with no tuning issues.

You can also find them used as was said much cheaper than a new one. I bought my Baja 5b for $800 when they were selling for $1200. Definitely worth looking into....

the guy pretty much said he would trade this buggy for my revo 3.3 u guys think i would be getting ripped on the deal? or what? my revo just stis anyways. think it would be fun to have something different as i just can't swing the 800 for a baja atm

Still the big problem is WHEN not if it breaks there are not parts for it anymore. They were tried by Traxxas and they just didn't catch on at the time. Maybe if they brought it back it may but who knows.

Don't do it! You'll regret it the first time something breaks and you don't have the parts for it; you'll be spending hours on the computer looking for a parts source.

talked to the kid on the phone today...found out hes a college kid...needs money pretty bad...would trade me for my revo...but i also found out he was selling the monster buggy to buy a bike for running back and forth to college...i happen to have a bike that he wants to trade the buggy for...dont think I'm out too much now...i think i could sell it if something happens to it and recover my losses

Honestly it's such an outdated chassis that you won't get much for it.

hahaha fine fine...i get the point.....i wont get it then :( ill just focus on getting the things i have working at 100% then....maybe i could find someone that would trade me a decent baja 5b for my revo, 4tec and ofna x1...a man can dream haha

Keep looking, you can find good deals on the RTR versions of the baja for pretty cheap. Just find a CLEAN one. You wont be disappointed with the performance of a 5B.

Yoo....imbroken...i thought that there was actually a bug on ma screen.....thats cool how u did that....

Back