Want 4s capable esc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for a decent 4s capable brushless esc to put in my Arrma Infraction so I can use 4s for speed runs. Anyone have a decent used esc they wanna sell? Not looking to spend over 50$

Finding a brushless esc capable of 4s for $50 or less may be a tough task.
I honestly would spend the money so you can use the warranty if need be.

Is this the 6s version of the infraction
Or is this the 3s or brushed version and you want to run on 4s?
If the second one, gotta have a motor that can handle 4s too.

Hobbywing 10BL120 G2 can handle 4s on the lowest kv motor. (Sensorless)
Max10G2 140A can handle 4s
Castle Copperhead 10
Spektrum BLX ESCs out of the 4s kraton/outcast lineup.

Most ESCs are gonna be above 50 bucks.
Yea just like Mr frog said, 50 bucks, gonna be tough to find for.
(Or should I say mr. detective frog)

Last edited:
I'm Actually wanting to do the same with my Vendetta. 4S with 3900KV would be fine for speed runs. But bashing would be quite hard on it (Takeoffs and such)

Looks like a HobbyWing clone, generally these clones are made in the same plant as HobbyWing but with lower quality components so they won't last as long, you generally get what you pay for but Amazon usually has 30 day warranty coverage which is better than nothing:

https://www.amazon.com/Drfeify-Brushless-Waterproof-Electronic-Controller/dp/B0971BRX46/

1706819961209.png

Yeah have the junk clone in my eBay cart just looking to see if someone has one lying around collecting dust. Found some in Facebook marketplace for 50ish but no one wants to ship. It's for the brushed mega which I upgraded to brushless, have a 3300kv motor which can handle 4s for speed runs. Getting 50mph now, wanna break 60 for speed runs. Wanna be able to just swap battery and punch setting for speed runs but go back to 3s for bashing. Current esc can only take 3s

Hobbywing esc should be here Wednesday..hope to get some speed runs in next weekend. Let you all know how it goes.

So my infraction has a 3600kv motor in it. With the 4s this would put the rpms at around 55000, motor only rated for 50k. If I am just doing speed runs and only have it at WOT for a few seconds do you guys think this will be a problem and possibly burn out the motor? I thought I had put in a 3300kv but it's 3600. Thoughts?

I'll try it out at 3/4 throttle and take some temps to decide if I should try full. If I blow it I'll get a new motor and have learned a lesson.

Did speedruns for 15 mins or so on 4s today(my 9 y/o did) with real good results. He hit 72 on the street in front of our house with only about 2 seconds of WOT. Roads kinda narrow and bumpy, with a better location 80 should be easily hit. Motor was only warm, didn't seem to have any issues...so far.