VTS failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj200415

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Venom Smart Temp. Failsafe...Recieved mine today... It checks out nice. I like it. The temp gauge is pretty accurate acually. Didnt think it would be. Used both of my handheld temp. gauges, and the on board is within a couple degree's of the handhelds. I like all the setting is has!

I'm having a problem with mine, i cnat get it to do anything but monitor the temp, batt life, and the 3rd thing it has. it wont do anything with my throttle servo at all, even when i have a "radio malfunction"

Just in case you're overlooking something, it needs to be programmed for what you want it to do. Either just throttle off, or brakes applied, and you test the feature by turning off the switch on your Tx.

i followed the directions to the letter and still didnt get it to do what i wanted. ill try it again tomorow, but i think I'm gonna just stick with a temp gun and a cheaper failsafe.

Do you have a track you go to, or someplace guys meet to bash? If so, take it there. Someone will gladly help you set it up. Even the cheap ones need to be programmed. Make sure your connections are all correct.

I'm taking it to the track tomorrow, there is a fly-in and a bunch of rc guys will be there

i looked at it a little closer today and nearly kicked myself. i had it hooked up to a steering servo and even then had it a little bit wrong! the losi twin steering servos make for a confusing and cramped radio box. havent had a chance to run it yet, but the dry tests seem to be doing just fine. i really like the over temp/ power setting.

yup, all programmed and everything. now i just have to do some servo adjustments to make the break work a little bit better.

I stopped setting my FS to stop the vehicle. I set it to go to nuetral/idle. If you have it set for full brakes and it happens to kick in off a jump, get ready for a nasty landing... I had it happen a few times and it really ticked me off. Now I just set it to go to idle.

Back