VP Racing Fuels - no after run oil needed?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptrthgr8

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, all.

I've been using VP Racing's Golden Break-in on my new Losi 8IGHT and have now moved on to their Tessman's 30% for running. I only now noticed that VP indicates the use of after run oil isn't needed. Is this a legit claim? I've been using after run oil because I've read it's generally needed. But is it really?

This newbie thanks you in advance for any insight you can provide.

Cheers!

I think a lot of the guys that run Werks fuel don't bother with ARO. But I am not much into nitro cars. I just remember a guy telling me about the Werks fuel.

Last edited:
You dont need to use after run oil after every use ,depending on how much you run your engines!
Back in the day ,I ran my stuff every w-end ,sense I knew that I ran every w-end ,I never used after
run oil ,an same as today ,I run my engines with in a couple of weeks between times so I dont use
it!
I would say ,put after run oil if you dont plan on running for a few months!..:thumbs-up:

You dont need to use after run oil after every use ,depending on how much you run your engines!
Back in the day ,I ran my stuff every w-end ,sense I knew that I ran every w-end ,I never used after
run oil ,an same as today ,I run my engines with in a couple of weeks between times so I dont use
it!
I would say ,put after run oil if you dont plan on running for a few months!..:thumbs-up:

Yup, this right here ^

it!
That makes sense. So far I've had it running the last three weekends (breaking in and tuning it), so I'm hoping to get it out this weekend for its first proper run. I suspect this will be a buggy I'll run a lot during the summer. I'll keep an eye on it and if I run into any gumminess or whatever with the engine, I;'ll add ARO to the routine. Otherwise, I'll just wait to add the ARO 'til it's time to put it up for the winter.

Thanks!

I always use ARO cuz I never know when the next time I'm gonna have my nitros out again. I'm way more prone to bust out the Es :)
Got to admit the Es. Are way easier to just grab and go.. buy nothing beats the smell and sound of nitro... might have to run some nitro next week when it cools down a little. It's been a very crazy week here at the jersey shore for me...🥵🤪😜

Back