voltage telemetry or digital voltage display for nitro rc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I've got a hpi savage x 4.6 nitro
I recently picked up a radio link rc4gs v2.

It’s going to come in a few days.

As far as I know. It has voltage for the transmitter already built in but voltage telemetry for the receiver is dependent on the model of reciever you buy

Sadly the reciever it’s coming with doesn’t support reciever voltage telemetry. So I can either return this one and get the better reciever and or just buy the better reciever.

Or I can keep these two and buy a small voltage display and install it where the reciever goes just so I have a display.

I heard the radio link telemetry voltage isn’t that accurate from reviews (not sure if that’s true) however would love to hear what you guys think.

Price wise I can get a cheap voltage display thingy for a couple bucks or the better receiver is going to cost me an extra $25 cad.

What would you guys do? Or is this a case where I should do both? I would totally be down to do the voltage telemetry but the voltage inaccuracy kinda ruins the point

*the reason i want to get either one or the other at a bare minimum is so i can keep an eye on my reciever battery (makes it easy to see if i have a bad battery, cells, or low voltage)

Let me know thanks!

I guess my advice didn't sway your choice for a good radio. Radio link is not the best choice for a radio. You get what you pay for I guess?. Spectrum is much better than Radio link. So don't waste your money on the telemetry receiver unless you want telemetry features. Just get the external voltage meter. I don't use one as I check my batteries every run by topping off the pack with my charger. If you can bump up the MAh on the rx pack to 2600 mah do so. The fail save should have voltage cut off built in. If it drops below a certain voltage it will activate. Don't bother with the throttle return spring. They are ancient history now and you will have to make your own as they are not made anymore. Fail safe replace that.

I've got a hpi savage x 4.6 nitro
I recently picked up a radio link rc4gs v2.

It’s going to come in a few days.

As far as I know. It has voltage for the transmitter already built in but voltage telemetry for the receiver is dependent on the model of reciever you buy

Sadly the reciever it’s coming with doesn’t support reciever voltage telemetry. So I can either return this one and get the better reciever and or just buy the better reciever.

Or I can keep these two and buy a small voltage display and install it where the reciever goes just so I have a display.

I heard the radio link telemetry voltage isn’t that accurate from reviews (not sure if that’s true) however would love to hear what you guys think.

Price wise I can get a cheap voltage display thingy for a couple bucks or the better receiver is going to cost me an extra $25 cad.

What would you guys do? Or is this a case where I should do both? I would totally be down to do the voltage telemetry but the voltage inaccuracy kinda ruins the point

*the reason i want to get either one or the other at a bare minimum is so i can keep an eye on my reciever battery (makes it easy to see if i have a bad battery, cells, or low voltage)

Let me know thanks!
personally havent tried using a device like that, though i could definitely see it being very handy. id say on board one if the other is not know to be accurate anyway. if you only have the one, and dont really plan on getting more i think it would be sort of a waste to have a second RX around except for maybe when the one goes out/dies, but that is far and few between or should be lol.
sorry no experience with the radiolink RX/TX, but i have heard lots of people love them as far as function, but dont remember seeing any comments about the RX voltage.

Back