Volcano S30 2-Speed Transmission Install "Full Setup"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GMitsubishi

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
20170223_150450.jpg
Installed the transmission today. I've got the two speed clutch bell and Aluminum clutch ready to go but I am waiting on my new engine to come back from Redcat Racing to install them.

Above is the picture of the stock single speed transmission.

Now the single speed and the Unmolested two speed transmissions side by side.
20170223_150513.jpg

Doing a little cleanup before Installing the Two speed.
Frame is still a little bent from the bad crash It was in recently but it will be straightened out later on when the new engine gets here.
20170223_150627.jpg

The new Two speed transmission with the old dogbone mounts and brake assembly put on..
I should have done the ceramic brake upgrade while I was at it but no worries, can always do it in the future.
20170223_151916.jpg

Mounted up very nicely but the only small issue was it sets the dogbones 1/8th of an inch higher then they were stock.
So in Lue of that the dogbone mounts had to be adjusted slightly. No big deal really.
20170223_152842.jpg

Bottom view of the new Two speed transmission. Mounted with Stainless Steel screws from RC Screwz..
New fasteners are always a good idea when installing new parts in my opinion.
20170223_152739.jpg

Last edited:
Does the two speed have any kind of slipper in it or is it just direct drive? Couldn't tell by looking on their site.

It looks like it has a slipper in it activating the gears by way of cetrifical force. Tested it with my high speed drill and it worked.
Although if you get it make sure the set screw is there. Heard some people have been getting them in without set screws.

Titanium gear upgrade will be in this thread later on.. I really don't trust plastic gears in the transmission

Any updates on the project. How did it all go & what engine are you running. The stock SH.18 or something else?

Last edited:
Agreed. This sounds like it's going to be a crazy build! I'd love to know where it's headed next! Update please!:thumbs-up:

Back