Vintage Tamiya Re-Issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anybody else wanting any of the Tamiya re-issued their vintage RC's?

I just ordered the Frog and am hoping they eventually re-issue the Hot Shot which was my first RC.

I don't plan to run them, just build and display in my workshop.

Keep dreaming NCNitro. That bruiser dream has been on every tamiya freaks wish list forever.

i am planning on ordering the hornet strictly for parts. my original hornet is still running great. if they re-release the falcon, i will most likely do the same

I see a Thunder Shot, is that the same as the Hot Shot by any chance?

Ill be getting a Frog.
It was the first real RC I ever had and would love to get one for a keepsake.
Where did you order it from?

Revo Rancher said:
I see a Thunder Shot, is that the same as the Hot Shot by any chance?

The Thunder Shot came out after the Hot Shot.

I actually still have an original Thunder Shot that I bought to replace my Hot Shot after it broke.

FastEddy said:
Ill be getting a Frog.
It was the first real RC I ever had and would love to get one for a keepsake.
Where did you order it from?

I just ordered it at Tower since they had their $25 promo going. Also picked-up a couple of Tamiya's rattle cans of pink and white paint to paint the body (and to exceed the $149 for the promo). I saw no need to use the airbrush on such a simple paint scheme.

There are a few up on eBay, but most are from out of the country and with shipping it ends up being more.

I have a blackfoot and grassopper parts truck I will let go to the right person.

I am waiting for the blazin blazer :)

What shape is the blackfoot in? I need some spares.

NCNitro said:
I would love to see them re-release the bruiser, or mounty.

If only Tamiya executives had the guts to do it. :whip: I would buy two,set the price below $1000 apiece and I am a buyer.

The Tamiya Bruiser is THE collectors RC.An absolute marvel,scale looks,and ...I hope they re release this classic.All others pale compared to thisone.

Vintage Tamiyas

My first "real" RC was a Grasshopper. Man, I drove that thing to death, regular visits to the HS for parts was a Saturday ritual.

I always wanted a Bruiser. If they ever re-release the Bruiser getting one is going to be my #1 prioroty
I should have got one way back when... but unfortunately at that time I was racing Kyosho Optima Mids and Yokomo Lazers.. and for some reason the Bruiser didn't seem important.
Now I'm older and wiser.. I hope Tamiya will re-release them!

Since Tamiya does not profit from the collectors marked of the vintage RC's, I don't see any reason not to re-release as many as the popular ones as they can. At least as long as they still have the molds.

Re-releasing is a nice inexpensive way for them to make money on products that has had the tooling/molds already paid for.

I to would be all over the bruiser. I think it would sell through.

I always dreamed of getting a lunch box when I was yonger but my parents would never get me one because of how complicated it was so I ended up with a toys r us RC every xmas.

Does anyone know how to find the matching color for it? I know the rims come painted but what about the body? Should it say in the instructions?

hehe, have a near mint blackfoot on my shelf (1st r/c)

also restorin a thundershot over the last couple mths (dont have much time to get around to it).

here are some other fun 1s.

supershot-havin issues w/the pic. try to get another 1 up soon. here's 1 of the 'rang

**Edited to link due to photo size -Ed**
http://ryan.thewarf.com/boomerang1.jpg

also just finished restoring my bro's big brute for xmas present. it was a big hit. need some pix of that now that i think of it.

-ult

I was just reading about this last night and it looks like they did re-issue a few of them. The ones I read were The Bruiser, The Rough Rider, The willys, and a van thing..(forgot the name). Id like to pick up the bruiser. I like how its set up. The frame and the diffs.

People should send emails to Tamiya asking for the Bruiser. I sent them an email,if more do it they may release it.

Please oh please Tamiya release the Bruiser,a classic collectible RC if there ever was one.

wOOt...the Frog is hopping it's way to my front door.

MonsterCowpower said:
People should send emails to Tamiya asking for the Bruiser. I sent them an email,if more do it they may release it.

Please oh please Tamiya release the Bruiser,a classic collectible RC if there ever was one.
It is being re-released. The artical I was just reading said late Jan. Early Feb.

I wouldn't mind getting my Boomerang again and try to add better shocks and a better battery cover. Those were the things I remember that were a headache for me. I still remember getting an ESC to replace the POS MSC. I feel so freaking dated now that I reminisce.

The Blackfoot and the Lunchbox were always a wish list item too.

Back