Vintage Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3otic

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I got a vintage rustler with the box both in good condition!(Not looking to sell) What do you guys think!

Attachments

• hsdd.jpg
    hsdd.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 36
  • ukljnllnjknjlk.jpg
    ukljnllnjknjlk.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 29
  • hgvy.jpg
    hgvy.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 31
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3295(1).jpg
    IMG_3295(1).jpg
    224 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3295(2).jpg
    IMG_3295(2).jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 28
I regret selling my also new never ran but no box stampede of the same year. Nice truck man welcome

Welcome to the site.

Great truck in excelent condition! Looks like it was bought and put on a shelf. I have the same one, bought used with a nitro spirt se.

I suggest new rear stub axles carriers and front steering blocks to hold bearings. Doing so will give 5x11x4 bearings instead of the 5x7 bushings. Doing so will keep the truck true as the bushings will create play, as well as drag.

The 3 plastic tranny gears to steel eventually. I've used them on brushless a few runs so on a stinger it should last a while.

If youd like part numbers, I can provide them. All xl1, xl5 and vxl parts are compatible within reason.

Keep an eye on the temps, and watch the fins on the esc as they get hot!

Very nice, 3otic. Welcome to the forum.

The box is probably worth as much to a collector as the truck. Keep it safe.

Me? I'd keep just like it is, even to running a NiMH stick pack with Tamiya connector. You can get 5x8 bearings to replace the bushings. That would be the only upgrade I'd recommend. Keep that Rusty pristine and run it on flat ground on special sunny days. Cheers. 'AC'