Vintage Duratrax Enthusiasts Chat

• Thread starter Maximum_Quake_Pro.com
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maximum_Quake_Pro.com

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
Any devout old Duratrax Nitro Enthusiasts want to expand your knowledge possibly? Enough chime in, I'll begin.

How about a brushless Overdrive / Maximum / megatech Production model?

Whats up I thought about putting a BL into the one I restored or just build another max. What are you thinking. I probably have enough parts to build one or two more max's

For any true vintage nitro nuts wanting to hear/read more about info of similar topics just PM..

To Theorize...lol

Just Some Story time guys

Yo I’m in this. Would love to hear more nitro duratrax stories. Not everyone is a dullard my friend, and lots of people(all 12 of us) do enjoy hearing the more technical, “nerdy” aspects of the hobby.

Yo I’m in this. Would love to hear more nitro duratrax stories. Not everyone is a dullard my friend, and lots of people(all 12 of us) do enjoy hearing the more technical, “nerdy” aspects of the hobby.

Pick a model! Ill get sidetracked and ramble ..oooh...squirrel!

Here's one. I dont own any nitro models from dtx after the thunder quake.. .
Pre warhead nitros are good quality material taiwan produced. After...says right on the same looking header card on the back in small print..made in china. Warhead...heres what my mind says...Hobbico...shitt hpi got fp to get going on there new savage bits...owner dies taiwan source ends..Welp china savage clone it is we have no pride anyhow hell wasn't even our vehicle designs(stop this story for another here)...(notice before the RTR boom of models from dtx...the stuff said TEAM duratrax up thru the mid 90s. The Gas Truck conversions and the GT10 kit i believe were original designs from TEAM dtx...i dont know any thing on that I've tried and spoke with many many older kats that might and still not much info gained.)) Back to china... I don't discriminate because of that. But when the entire ass end of my new warhead rtx literally falls off on tank 4...And then the frame plates shift every which way making Gear mesh impossible to keep long...and for a hefty price tag vs towers closeout axis quakes and maximums price that i loved...over time i realized. Yup I like taiwanese. FP especially. GV is second.

I'm biased though, I'm still poor
Ill try to keep my opinions out of it onto neat fac...finds

Maximum st.

Parts bin kyosho st pro special.

Same body mold....

What blew my fragile mind once realizing was...all the PRO max upgrades that are aluminum...are literally the plastic parts molds from the kyosho vehicles...casted.
ALL 12 OF Us....This guy!!!! Hahaha

Last edited:
Id like to have a section on here for old duratrax nitro models support

Been in storage for 15 years

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_150300029.jpg
    IMG_20220115_150300029.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 29
Axis factory chassis.
No cut out for suspension travel.
6 engine mounting holes.

Nitro Quake factory chassis same thing but only four engine mounting holes also no provisions for suspension travel

Nitro Demon. Four engine mounting holes provisions cut away for suspension travel very close to thunderquake original chassis also.

Thunderquake. Almost the same as nitro Damon but has extra holes for the two speed trans.

And the holy grail.

A genuine Flying Point zircon vs nitro quake
darker blue finish and 6 engine mounting holes.

If you dont know what flying point is.

Pm me
P
@The_RC_Dude

There ya go

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_213614.jpg
    IMG_20220215_213614.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220215_213900.jpg
    IMG_20220215_213900.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have the most complete collection of duratrax nos models and parts in the world as far asni know. Happy to help with parts and information anytime
!

I have the most complete collection of duratrax nos models and parts in the world as far asni know. Happy to help with parts and information anytime
!
If anyone could give you a run for your money, it's Maximum here. I haven't seen him here in awhile, but he has tons of parts for the Duratrax stuff.

Awesome. Trying to find other enthusiast's for duratrax products. They werent very good but they were fun and cheap. I'm also a buyer, any duratrax street force models for sale let me know

Back