Video of my hpi firestorm w/ 3.3 Engine. tire flies off lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxhpi

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILujRLWTVmQ"]Firestorm 10t with 3.3 Engine(tire flies lol) - YouTube[/ame]

:whhooo::first_place:

How did you do it throttle servo turned around with jato linkage and a 4 tec manifold

---------- Post added at 5:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:36 PM ----------

btw what tires you running looks like they stick pretty good

On my firestorm i turned the servo around since the carb on the 3.0 turns sideways to open and the 3.3 pulls forward to open. and i bought a jato 3.3 manifold, hooked it up with my stock firestorm pipe. everything else is pretty much stock. motor mounts are stock also. surprised they fit lol.. i just bought a 24t clutch bell! well see how she does ha

---------- Post added at 5:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:46 PM ----------

I'm running two dirt hawgs from pro line. they're pretty good!

I read on a forum somewhere you could use jato linkage with the servo turned around but you can use the firestorm linkage

lol..!! nope not once just yet ha. you have? although i did experience a run a way with it lol. I'm not sure what caused it because it was like 40 feet away.It might be my throttle receiver,power switch,or my receiver? idk.

Are you using the stock battery pack that takes four AA's. I've had problems with my steering since i bought the truck but i bought it used and just havnt gotten new steering linkage yet.

yeah i bought some rechargeable energizers. but I'm thinking on getting a hump pack batt, for longer juice and more power to the servos. hows it steering?

Theres your problem with the runaway mine does the same thing i pulled a wheelie one day and mine ran away luckly it ran into high grass and did no damage. When i got to the car and shut it off i took my battery back out and hit it with a screw driver and boom everything started working again. get u a hump pack and you wont have that problem anymore as long as your remote batteries are good. No matter how i adjust the steering and the postion of the servo horn it turns one way more that the other. I'm about to put a savox servo on it and some new linkage tho and I'm sure that will fix my problem

dang. lucky, mine crashed into a curb nothing happened to it just some scratches. yeah it was doing that 2 days ago! i was jumping and all of a sudden it turns off no power at all and batteries are charged and everything. so i smacked the battery pack and all power comes back? I'm buying me a hump pack for sure. was the linkage stock when you bought it used? i never really had any problems with the steering so i wouldn't know much.

yea it was stock and I'm going to replace with stock and a new servo and see what happens

Back