Video card advise needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO! I just picked up the same one at Best Buy myself. Getting ready to install the card as soon as I finishing ripping The Cannonball Run in 720p.

Edit: I got it installed along with another USB 3.0 card. After installing the newest drivers, it's running great.

Last edited:
Man! This is about the sickest video card I've ever seen. You have GOT to download the Endless City Demo. It's on the disc. Stunning rendering in the smoothest 3D I have EVER seen. Hit esc then check the instructions and fly around. full directional control along with up and down.
In surround sound, even the music is totally mesmerizing.
There's also the test program and overclocking software included. Normal use it stays at about 84. During a 94% stress test it stayed at 120 degrees.
If anyone is looking for me, I'll be tweeking....uh the graphics.

This card is incredible! I'm rendering 720p video from a BluRay at nearly real time which is about 50% faster than its predecessor without doing any clock speed adjustments.

Let me know about any overclocking you do. That's something I'm not familiar with.
There's a 99% improvement in X-Plane, but being so picky I look for problems however slight they may be. I'll still be going for the i5 and the 64 bit.

I'm running an older Core 2 Quad 8300 and Win 7 x64 and it's rocking.

EDIT: I tried ripping some DVDs for giggles and am ripping 5 minutes of video in one minute of real time. I did the Win 7 experience monitor and the video card came in at a 7.6 out of a 7.9! The slowest link in my system is the OS drive (5.9), so I think I'm needing an upgrade there. I may end up going with a high capacity hybrid drive or may even go full SSD. Gotta wait for some funds to come in.

Last edited: