Very very strange problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWadzRC

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay my car used to work fine, and its a nitro 1/8th buggy by the way.
I turn the transmitter on, then the receiver on. and it works fine for about 10 seconds then if i turn and accelerate it stops, just freezes where it is. or it just freezes after a certain amount of time, i do have a failsafe on, but I've unplugged it and its still doing it, could this be caused by low batterys?
i will go and try the batteries now, i was getting 5.8v in the reciever and i will go and replace them all now, if not can someone please chip in with some help, thanks.:\

Okay my car used to work fine, and its a nitro 1/8th buggy by the way.
I turn the transmitter on, then the receiver on. and it works fine for about 10 seconds then if i turn and accelerate it stops, just freezes where it is. or it just freezes after a certain amount of time, i do have a failsafe on, but I've unplugged it and its still doing it, could this be caused by low batterys?
i will go and try the batteries now, i was getting 5.8v in the reciever and i will go and replace them all now, if not can someone please chip in with some help, thanks.:\

You're on the right track for trouble shooting an RC...Always check your batteries first...yes this could be your problem.:whhooo:

5.8 volts is pretty low. I assume your using aa batteries? A 5 cell rechargeable pack would help a lot. With the 5 cell pack, your voltage would be around close to 7 volts fully charged, and in the high 5's when you notice a performance decrease. This goes to show how much more current the 5 nimh cells deliver. Makes your servos come to life.:)