Vaterra RC Cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone running these? My youngest son (9) has some birthday cash that is burning a hole in his pocket and he wants to get an electric touring car to run while me and my older son run our RS4 3 cars. I want him to have a shaft drive since all we do is parking lot stuff, and it needs to be 4wd. The Vaterra meets the requirements. I came across these while trying to find something for him since the TC3, 4, and 5s, are all discontinued. I do NOT want to deal with belts, especially on a parking lot. With no offering from HPI or AE anymore I figured this might be the way to go. So I am looking for opinions from anyone who is or has run one. Thanks

I havent owned a Vaterra yet but I've read about them a fair amount. I get the impression that while not "Losi" quality" they are pretty good quality. I really like the looks of their Silvia on road kit. The fact that it has air diffusers and stuff on it makes me want to get one and turn it into a high speed machine but the one thing I still havent looked at yet is the after market support for them....if that is good then I would probably go for it...if its not then meh...its a personal call at that point but it would make me personally hesitant.

@NCNitro, I've ran a few of them at the LHS and they seem to be very nice cars. In fact one of my LHS sells a number of them and has gotten to the point they carry this brand more than other full car brands. I think you'll be happy with Vaterra if you buy one.

If you do get one I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts too.

Cool, thanks guys. Looks like Jesse, my son, has decided he wants to get one, so I will have to "borrow" it lol, and do a review. :D

so I will have to "borrow" it lol, and do a review.
AWESOME! I've never been a bit on-road kind of guy so getting someone's thoughts about the car who has far more on-road knowledge than I is something I look forward to.

I would also love to hear about it as I am particularly interested in knowing exactly how good of quality that brand is and how much aftermarket support they have for it.

Is it just me or does Horizon Hobbies seem to be out of control with all their different brand name lines? Seems like they need to do some consolidating. The lines between all their different brands have become very blurred in a lot of areas.

My first RC was the RS4 3 RTR, when the first the RTR 3s were first available. I love going to a huge new parking lot and winding that thing out. So I am looking forward trying this one out. I know it aint nitro but it won't be stock for long either.

a guy that worked at our LHS had a few vaterra on road cars, he wasn't easy on them at all, and they took the beating.....they arent losi quality, but they dont have the losi price tag either, parts support is abundant as well.

The Vaterra sedans are a great value, tough as mails and come with a real Spektrum radio. I've driven one several times and although not a pure race chassis they still handle great. They also happen to look great.

teh detail they put into them is amazing because all the bodies and stuff are officially licensed

The police cruiser with the working flashing lights looks great on the track too. Great detailed bodies, rims and tires make for an authentic looking car.

I was checking them out, the detail on the lids are amazing, plus the break rotors add a nice touch of scale to them as well. I love the two Vettes! I have been dieing for an early stingray forever, too bad they are too narrow for my RS4 3. I think he has decided on the 2014 Vette though.

oh those are sick! Vettes are my absolute favorite!!! Now I wanna buy one jsut for the bodies! :)

Nitrobuzzard had one for a while and he seemed to like it, I wouldn't hesitate to own one!

They make for great play cars, but not so good as a race car.

They're not too bad set up for VTA. VTA cars are slow and heavy compared to a "normal" touring car like a TC-5.

Back